Thread: Best brand for rechargeable batteries for wireless mouse.

Best brand for rechargeable batteries for wireless mouse.

I got myself an awesome wireless mouse and want to buy rechargeable batteries with an efficient charger. I have no idea about rechargeable batteries as I have never used it before. The size of the battery should be AA. Please suggest me a good brand that I should go for. Also, I have rechargeable batteries for my sony camera; Will those work? If possible tell me some place where I can buy these batteries with a charger online.

Re: Best brand for rechargeable batteries for wireless mouse.

You can buy the batteries with a charger at any retail shop or a photographer‘s shop. They will give you good bargain. No online store has great deals for rechargeable batteries. I bought two AAs sony batteries and a charger that charges AAs and AAAs. They working well and charge in maximum 8 hours. I bought the batteries for Rs. 80 each and the charger for Rs. 100. They were the ones that you get typically with your camera or camcorder.

The brand really doesn’t matters if it’s a standard one like sony, Panasonic, eveready , Zeikos, etc. But don’t go for cheaper ones as they don’t run well if you are going for long run. I previously bought of a cheaper brand “uniross” the batteries died in 2 months. Now I have sanyo batteries and they are working for past 6 months

Well here is a list of AA sized batteries which I have found out online (pricing is in US dollars but they ship to india too)–
    Duracell - DC-1500B8N - Rechargeable AA NiMH Battery Retail Pack $14
    Zeikos 4AA Rechargeable Batteries ZE4AA $4
    Rayovac LD715-4OP NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries $ 7
    Sanyo Eneloop AA Bulk Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries $3
    Energizer Rechargeable Batteries & Charger $32

Why do you need rechargeable batteries for wireless mouse? Do not use rechargeable batteries for wireless mouse. You are just blowing your money and also wasting a lot of electricity. Rechargeable batteries when used for wrong purpose (wirelesss mouse, clocks, etc) tend to leak and die. These products drain the electricity very slowly which tends to leakage of batteries. A simple AA battery would suffice for a month or more. These batteries cost 7 bucks or so. If you still feel it’s worth getting rechargeable then go for Duracell rechargeable or eneloop by sanyo. Panasonic and sony are also fine.

I have a wireless mouse too and I use simple AAs. This article gave me an idea to calculate how much I would save if I get rechargeable batteries. Normally rechargeable AAs cost your around 100 bucks+ 100 bucks for the charger which sums up to 200. I’m not counting the electricity consumed by them when put to charge but don’t think this cost will be small because we are talking about charging like 8 hours per day for at least 1 year which means 2920 hours of charging. Now let’s count for simple AAs 7 rupees for one which means 48 per year. And even if you have a very long lasting mouse which lasts for 5 years then it will cost you around Rs. 248. Still lesser than rechargeable AAs.