Thread: Which one is better Time Machine or RAID 1.

Which one is better Time Machine or RAID 1.

Hello everyone, I am a professional photographer and I have many people and clients coming to for shooting their wedding photographs, that I have to shoot for them, but, there need to be some official photography back up that I need to have on my drive so that photo don‘t get delete due to some virus or an hard=disk crash .I would rather like to have some strong back up with up to 3 times , so would the raid setup be good for me or the time machine setup would be good for me .

Re: Which one is better Time Machine or RAID 1.

I guess time machine is newly built and offers much better back up that we can achieve when used with the time capsule that Mac provides for segmented back up of the hard drive that is currently been used ,I have been using this in my office to keep the details of the huge customer database that I have .I would then think of having a better version of this on my laptop though a little costly but worth the use , if you don ‘t want to get in to the setting up procedure .

That question that you have asked all depends upon the type of the storage that you want , so want only to keep or store the back – up or the use then constantly for editing the photo , if it just used for storing then I guess DVD would do a better was round you can physically store then anywhere and excess then from anywhere ,without having any previously knowledge of it , I would rather like to have this one in my hand . Instead of the costlier backup policy.

I have a better plan here I have been using this for a quite a few years know and I have been thinking if it was possible for me to have this , so I guess you have a better solution from me , so if you are do insert any kind s of software that are dipped in virus , or if you don ‘t have any kinds of attract on your system then I guess Raid would be a lot better and cheap option for it , it is the same old story , dating back to 1987 , and that works great with this one .

After reading your query you seemed to be a professional photographer, so I would rather suggest you to have both back up for it , as this would help you for that , but m there are many was that you could use the both of them to gain a better productivity and back up I suggests that that if there was a better thing that could be there , I have a raid 1 setup along with time machine , which cost me more that I need but , at last all the this things are going to be extracted from the customer itself .

If you are considering time factor then I guess raid would be better as the data is installed backed up on the drive , when if you are planning to use an optical media then I need to say that it raked pretty much time to do that , I have been facing some problem with this one , but , I have not been able to make out that , but , I guess that was not possible to do that here , I have always been in the consideration of time machine as that always works better.

So if you are an professional developer then I guess spending a few hundred bugs would never be hard –for you, on the business from which you are earning, although I suggest you to have a raid 1 software array and the other time machine backup of that, but I guess that it should not be possible for the another backup that you detach anytime. But, a tip that I am giving here, even if you delete some files here, you would be able to restore them back with time machine.