Thread: Difference between Boxee Box and WD TV Live Hub

Difference between Boxee Box and WD TV Live Hub

I have recently purchased a WD TV Live Hub and this is hooked with the new 50" Panasonic VT25 Plasma TV. And I am having a 2 TB of external drive and I have currently plugged that in the WD TV Live Hub and I think that in the 2 TB of the external drive I am having the movies and the music and the photos. So are you thinking that I should purchase the Boxee or is it worth to purchase the Boxee? And please let me know that what is the difference between the Boxee and WD TV Live Hub?

Re: Difference between Boxee Box and WD TV Live Hub

I think that the Boxee is better than the WD TV Live Hub. I think that the fifth update to the Boxee Box while have the following features:
    • Browser Upgrades: And I think that in this Favorites (bookmarks) and history - Now you can easily return to pages you have just seen or that you visit most often.
    • Movie trailers: this feature will allow you to keep up the latest and the movie and I think that this will release the movie trailers in the Boxee.
    • On screen Display loses some weight: We renewed the OSD and include an impressive new search bar to the accurate transmission of rewind / fast forward, eased the button number, and made it easier to see what is happening behind the scenes. We have also removed the volume control to a more consistent experience.
    • Customized Artwork / Info for Media Files: Why let Boxee collect art and film descriptions when you can have yours? Boxee import video and add your own artwork and metadata to accompany the NFO files. Works like a charm in the home theater.

I also like the Boxee box the WD TV Live Hub is also better but not better than the Boxee and the features that I like very much in the Boxee Bus are as follow:
    • Local File Playback: Now we HFS formatted drives, looking for functionality in the reproduction of music, and files can be filtered local source.
    • Share Where You Want: Now you can specify whether to share the video Cold Steel Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or a useful built character counter.
    • MLB.TV Upgrades: This new version has many of the changes to the application MLB.TV so now be able to see the games live and archived entries or jump to specific game events, details pop up on every pitch, and have a easier time to rewind and fast forward games.

I like the WD TV Live Hub because the file formats supported by the WD TV Live Hub are Video - AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9, FLV (h.264). And I like this because you can play almost all types of media files. And in this you can transfer the files easily you can copy, move or remove files stored on a USB stick, network drive, the camcorder or a camera linked to the center of the media using the menus on the screen.

From the discussion going on I think that there is the Headweb application in the Boxee application and I think that Scandinavian Headweb in demand for streaming movies has won numerous awards in recent years to deliver a great experience. They have done an incredible job of building a strong service offering quality films that, in essence, is based on meeting users - you can see on the Mac, PC, Linux, LG smart TVs, PlayStation 3, and Boxee now.

I think that the best WD feature is the WD Photos free photo and video app. Upload video clips and photos from anywhere. And I think that this feature is that you can Download photos WD, a free photo and video application for iPhone, iPhone, iPod touch, or Smartphone Android. Take a photo or video clip with your mobile device and upload it directly to the built-in hard drive of your WD TV Live Hub media center. You can also access all the photos stored on your WD TV Live Hub media center and display them on your Smartphone or tablet.

I think that the future feature of the Boxee box I think that this will launch in the upcoming weeks and the feature is the BBC iPlayer and recently they have made some technical changes BBC iPlayer is coming soon and I think that this is better than ever. With a new look; this is the BBC his way, giving on-demand access to all the BBC has to offer from the last seven days. There is nothing else to do except sit, relax and enjoy your favorite shows from the BBC from the comfort of your couch at a time that suits you.