Thread: Need of extra RAM in laptop

Need of extra RAM in laptop

I had purchased a laptop 2 years ago. i have many applications installed in my laptop due to which my computer works slowly and sometimes also gets hanged. very less space is available in my laptop. i was wondering if I could have more space available. otherwise the laptop is working fine. i was planning to upgrade my laptop. can I add more gigabytes to my laptop? Is it possible ? I don’t want to buy a new laptop. Also how much it would cause me to increase the gigabytes. kindly advice! any advice would be appreciated. thank you

re: Need of extra RAM in laptop

As you said that your laptop is working fine but the only thing is that you have less space in it. one thing that you can do is purchase a portable hard disk of around 1 tb or 2 tb as per your choice. so that your less space problem will go off. You can connect it to your laptop using a data cable. as your laptop is working little slowly and gets hanged one thing that you can do is copy and paste some of the data from your internal hard disk to the portable hard disk. Any portable hard disk cost something around 3000 indian rupees. this will make a balance and not much load would come on the laptop. hence your problem will get solved. Hope you like my advice. Thank you

Well some laptops come with 2 hard disk options. But normally there’s only one hard disk option. So if that’s the case that you have 2 hard disk option the you have no much problem except buying a new hard disk. Prices of hard disk depends upon the size of the hard disk. Higher the size more is the price of the hard disk. you can also upgrade your laptop by buying a new 500gb hard disk. you can make partition as per your choice and transfer all your data’s later on. A operating system should be installed in the new hard disk and the data can be put to the new one later on by using any dvd rom , pendrive etc. hope it helps !

You can buy a new hard disk but for that you will need to give your laptop to the company’s service center. they will upgrade your hard disk and you will get more space. Or else if you don’t want to store much data’s then clean up your laptop by deleting files and applications which are not of much necessity ti you. Deleting and un-installing programs might result in free space. that is completely your choice. if you feel that your laptop is working little slow as you mentioned then for that you try and increase your RAM. if your RAM is 512 mb then make it 1 gb. it would surely speed up your laptop and hanging problem that occurs would also vanish. Thank you