Thread: Need PSU for HP Compaq dx7200

Need PSU for HP Compaq dx7200

Hi, I have a HP Compaq dx7200 machine tower, and I have installed a new GPU so I have heard that we need to have a compatible PSU as well with the machine, so I am planning to have a new one, so which one shall I prefer according to you guys, because as when I was searching the internet, there were too many model and because of that only I as little bit confused. So It would be great if someone help me with this. Thanks.

Re: Need PSU for HP Compaq dx7200

You have heard it correctly actually, but let me tell you first of all that it is not compulsory that we need to update the PSU, because see as far as I know while concerning the GPU we need to have a PSU with at least 500 watts, and if suppose the current PSU that you have is of same wattage, then you don’t have to change the PSU rather you can simply proceed with the hardware that you have, but if you don’t have that you should buy that.

If you are willing to have a new PSU you can have GEN-2004 550 Watt ATX Power Supply, it is one of the finest PSU I have ever seen, rather I would say I have ever used, I have the same PSU and I have changed two graphic cards in my machine, but had the same PSU for the both of the card, so that’s I am also recommending you the same thing. I am not sure about the price but it would cost you around 35 US dollars.

As far as I know you should get the PSU from the corsair CMPSU-500CXV2 Builder Series CX500 Power Supply, actually this are the power supplies made for the gaming machine only, though they are of 500 watts, it can support any kind of GPU you have, and the PSU has the capacity for overclocking as well. you can overclock it as well and can use all the functionality to double to their potential. You should try to visit the website of a particular brand, because from that only you’ll get all the model all that company.

I have the same opinion as the above user, I was also confused as you but let me tell you that you should get the PSU from the corsair itself, though you’ll get it costly than others because I have seen that there too much difference in the cost of the price, ordinary would be like of 25 us dollar and this you’ll get around 45 us dollars. But it’s quite worthy to buy this one, but see according to your budget you can purchase any one of them.

Hey thanks for the suggestion and in fact I was also looking for the corsair only, and the thing was same as they all are costlier than the others. But still I would say there are too many model in that as well, so which one shall I prefer? And I was thinking to order it from ebay, so is it better way or I need to buy the same from any shop which one would be the better option?

According to me as far as purchasing is concern you should buy the hardware from the shop because if you buy it from the internet you’ll have to pay more amount as well. because they will charge you the actual amount of the product and along with that you need to pay some Extra shipping charges and the taxes for this. They are also called as delivery charges, so that doesn’t make any sense to give money for that rather you can simply add the money for better PSU.