Thread: BIOHD-2 error while installing Caviar Black SATA hard drive in HP Touch Smart 300

BIOHD-2 error while installing Caviar Black SATA hard drive in HP Touch Smart 300

I’m having HP Touch Smart 300 everything was working good while I started facing the problem with my Seagate hard drive firmware so then I had bought a new hard drive of western digital 1TB Caviar Black SATA and I call the local technician to replace it. And after replacing it I had check the bios where I notice that bios had not detected it and when I do the diagnostic test for the hard drive it give me an error of BIOHD-2. Can anyone suggest me? Thanks in advanced.

Re: BIOHD-2 error while installing Caviar Black SATA hard drive in HP Touch Smart 300

Even I come up with same error after replacing the hard drive from the CPU. You must try to connect it with the different CPU and check if it is working or no and if it is working then partition the disk using the disk management and even try to run the diagnostic test from different CPU. And if it passes the entire test then try to install the operating system in it and then connect it with the pc in which you where getting the error message and test the drive again.

Re: BIOHD-2 error while installing Caviar Black SATA hard drive in HP Touch Smart 300

There might be the problem with the new hard drive for this you must try the jumper setting which is on the western digital 1TB HD and even try to setup the bios ide and even the ahci and if this doesn’t work then just pulled the CMOS BATTERY and then reset all the bios setting to the default and even reset the sata cable. And if the problem still persists then use the SATA controller update and even the bios update from the hp.

Even I was facing the same problem I had setup the windows 7 on my 120GB Seagate hard disk and had installed the latest firmware in it and I had even tried the hp bios update but it have not help me out much to get rid form my problem. After all this I had tried to run the Seagate firmware update but after putting lots of effort in it I dint get my things done. Is anyone having the solution for it then please share it? Thanks in advanced.

You must try the western digital website and there you look for the firmware update and if it is available then you must update it by installing the hard drive in different pc and if you dint get it then you must contact to the western digital technical support and there you ask for the firmware patch. Well I think it’s a problem with the western digital hard drive as I was also having lots of issue with it so I had replaced it with the Samsung.

I had done the jumper setting to the 3.0 but t doesn’t help. I had spoken to the western digital support and ask for the patch but dint get any response yet I think there is no firmware for this hard drive. I had even downloaded the data life guard which is a diagnostic tool and had written 0 for all the drive I had also tried to uninstall the sata controller and then update it again and later I had connected it again and now everything is working for me.