Thread: USB drive is not working in HP Pavilion Media Center a1550a

USB drive is not working in HP Pavilion Media Center a1550a

Hi all, I am using HP Pavilion Media Centre PC a1550a desktop PC with 64-bit Windows 7 OS and has recently starting facing issues with its USB Drives. The system has got support for 4 USB slots on the front panel and 4 on the back side of the system. When I am inserting any USB device to the system, the system do shows that I have inserted some device in the USB drive but when it comes to detecting the correct drivers the system is unable to do so, thus making it impossible to install the new device and use it. Finally I am getting message which says “Hardware cannot be installed.” Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: USB drive is not working in HP Pavilion Media Center a1550a

First of all you should visit the device manager of your system and check whether you have install the USB devices in your system or not. If you see a yellow question mark against the attached new USB device then it is for sure that the device has not installed in your system and hence you are getting the error message. So, in this I will recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the device by right clicking the USB device and clicking on Uninstall. Then restart your system and let the PC detect the changes which you recently made and install the necessary drivers.

According to me the problem might be with that particular USB port which you are using. So, I would suggest you to try connecting the USB device in some another USB ports in your computer system. It might be possible that the problem might be with this one USB port which you are using, so it will be better if your cross check whether the issue is with all the USB port or this one particular USB port which you just used to connect your USB device to your HP Pavilion Media Centre PC a1550a desktop PC.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate your help. I tried as you asked me to do. Uninstalled and tried reinstalling the USB device to the HP Pavilion Media Centre PC a1550a desktop PC which you are using. But nothing seems to be working for me at present. Then I tried inserting the device to some other USB ports but surprising none of them is working.please help me solve the issue as it is really getting into my nerves and troubling me.

I am not sure about this but I strongly feel that you might have not installed the USB drivers necessary for your USB drives in your system. So, I will recommend you to install all the drivers required for your normal functioning of your HP Pavilion Media Centre PC a1550a desktop PC. Make sure that you have installed the USB drivers. You can use the Original CD fof the drivers which came along with the computer at the time of purchase.

According to me there is no issue with the USB port, but instead there is an issue with the chipset and/or OS drivers which you have installed in your computer. I assume they need to be updated as an outdated drivers can also make this kind of issues. Also if you find the problem to have started after you installed some software or application in your system, then there are high chances that the issue you are facing might be occurring because of some compatibility issue with the device. If this is the case then most probably you will have to uninstall the application from your system and see whether the issue still exists or not.

You can try performing Windows System Restore if you are aware of the dates when the issue started. I am not sure but it can help you resolve your issue. System restore will roll back you computer and the software and application installed in it to how they were running before the problem started occurring. If system restore doesn’t solve the issue then you should even try updating the Windows which is installed in your system. You can do so by visiting the Windows Updates official link and scan your system for any updates.