Thread: Need help in installing the VMWare VT on HP Pavilion HPE h8xt

Need help in installing the VMWare VT on HP Pavilion HPE h8xt

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion HPE h8xt desktop PC with Windows XP OS and am planning to use the VMware Player to build a virtual 64-bit machine with Windows 7. When I made an effort to do so, the VMware is giving a message that I needed to start the VT in BIOS of my system. So, now I restarted my desktop system and hit the F1 and F10 function keys and came to 10/02/1206 American Megatrends interface informed me that the system BIOS v7.05 CHG_705.ROM. Anyway, I can find no setting in the BIOS related to this. The processor is a Intel Core i7 2600 which is pretty much recently released. So, I wanted to know whether there is any support for VT? Or will I have to load a new BIOS?

Re: Need help in installing the VMWare VT on HP Pavilion HPE h8xt

In order to find out whether the Intel Core i7 2600 processor which is installed in your HP Pavilion HPE h8xt desktop PC supports the Virtualization Technology (VT), I would suggest you to visit the official website of HP laptops and check whether the system do support the following feature or not. Noone other then the officials of the HP computers will be able to provide you with the perfect answer on this topic, whether there is any such support or not.

Hey dude, I looked upon for the features of both the HP Pavilion HPE h8xt desktop PC and the Intel i7 Core which is installed in your system, and came across this particular good news that the Intel icore i7 do support the "Intel Virtualization Technology". So it is for sure that you will be able to build another Operating system in your already Windows XP running system. Yes it is possible for you to achieve the one which you wanted to in all this time.

Thank you, pals for showing interest in replying back so quickly to m post. Now it feels pretty satisfying. Thanks for sharing the information that it is possible for me to create another Operating system within the existing one in my HP Pavilion HPE h8xt desktop PC with Windows XP OS. Anyways thanks for any more future assistance. I wanted to know, now how can we make it possible to achieve what we were looking for from such a long time. How is it possible to enable the following feature? Please provide me with your assistance.

Usually the feature of Virtualization Technology is disabled in the BIOS by default, so you will have to enable it from the BIOS settings. Reboot your System and then enter the BIOS. Here most probably you will have to go to the System Configuration tab and under this tab search for the Virtualization Technology option. Once you find the same, enable the following option if it is selected to be disabled. On enabling the VT from the BIOS you will be able to use the VT feature in your system.

I would suggest you to use some PC Wizard inorder to install (enable) the Virtualization technology in your system. Click on the Processor option which you will find in the Hardware column. Now here you will be getting the Virtualization option. If it is enabled then you will be getting the Yes indication and it is disabled then it will be No. Enable the Virtualization option if it is disabled and check whether you are able to perform the action.

After lots of search on the topic on Internet I came across some suggestions which says that there are settings available on the BIOS under Security - System Security which would actually help you in solving the problem which you are facing at present. I know that Virtualization is not at all related to security but what can we do, HP have moved it to the security section in the BIOS settings, and that is why many find it difficult to find the needed option.