Thread: How to check which SATA driver you need

How to check which SATA driver you need

I had just purchased a second hand pc as i did not had enough cash to purchase new one so I brought a second hand system, but I now think that this is the worst decision that I have ever made and since this is giving me so many problem, many of them are almost solved but, one is still left and I have zeroed that error on the SATA driver , and I need to install it , but I saw that there are many SATA drivers that are there and this makes the this more complicated ,can someone please tell me how to find the sata driver .

Re: How to check which SATA driver you need

You question totally depends on what motherboard and drivers that you had on this, I would also like to recommend you to use see if there is some other problem with the system that you are using, as this might then linked to the SATA driver problem, Mostly this problem are caused due to wrongly connected data cable that you are using, Just post why you want to install the SATA driver. As there might be other solution for this.

I have just brought an vertex ssd hard drive which need‘s a SATA 3 connection, I have set the BIOS to SATA 3 cable and tried everything that I need to do, the only thing is left pending here is the installation of the drivers, without the installation of this drivers I can still work on my pc but, I cannot get the speed that I wanted from the SSD drives that I am working on mostly I would need a a driver update for SATA 3 which I am not getting , so please help

The answer all depends on the for what system you need the sata drivers, the sata drivers vary greatly with the type that you are using, Basically there are 3 most commonly used drivers like the Intel SATA drivers , Nvidia Sata drivers , and AMd sata drivers .SO just decide on what is the Main board that you are using as the drivers would then change according , Also find out the chipset that you are suing , Well this could be found out only by opening the CPU of your system .

Well you don‘t need to opened up your CPU, well we live in 21st century and we can view the chipset and the main board directly on from the monitor just by installing the tool named CPU z which is free available for downloading, so just install that and after that you need to see two important things here one is the brand and other is the type or the model. And then downloading this install the drivers and that would help you to get a better screen to done.

I just don ‘t know who should I thank you guys for the above setting and request that you guys gave me this was very useful for me then I think that there are many things that are there but I think that they are the most important things that are there , I would like to say thanks for all those who have taken time to support this thread , I think that are there , I would further like to thank you as it has helped me to solve my problem .