Thread: New system won't boot and CPU fan spin slightly

New system won't boot and CPU fan spin slightly

I was thinking o purchasing the computer but recently my friend recommend me that I should not purchase the computer he told that I should purchase the parts of the computer and then I should assemble the computer. The parts are as follows:
    • Motherboard of Gigabyte GA-P67-UD3
    • Processor of Intel that means Intel core i7
    • DDR3 ram of 8G
    • And the hard disk of 1 TB.
    • And the corsair TX750W PSU
    • And the last thing is the CPU panel.
    • Keyboard and mouse of iBall
    • And the desktop is of Samsung SyncMaster B1930.

And I assembled the computer I assembled for the first time and it was able to boot for the first time and I was so happy but after that when I booted for the second time it was not able to boot. But when I push the power button the flash on the motherboard LED and in front of the LED and the CPU fan was moved slightly. But now it is stopped. Please help me in solving the problem.

Re: New system won't boot and CPU fan spin slightly

You have to follow the steps to assemble the computer in the proper manner so that it can start at the end. I think that there must be the problem in the assembling. So follow the steps:
    • First of all you have to install the motherboard you have to place the motherboard on the CPU panel and after that fix the motherboard mounting screw. And after that you have to place the motherboard on the top of the screw holes and then you have to make sure that the PS2 and the parallel ports are facing to the back of the ATX plate. And after that you have to place the device at the corresponding cut out. And after that you have to lock the screw holes. And after that you have to fix the ATX power supply in the motherboard. That is in the power supply unit.
    • And after that you have to do the processor installation. Here I am installing the Intel processor but there are different ways to install the processor of different categories. Such as the Slot1 PIII CPU, P4 Socket 478, Core 2 Duo Socket 775, AMD Slot A / Socket A, Socket AM2 CPU. You have to place it into the pin 1 of the CPU and then you have to go into the pin 1 of the CPU. And after that you have to close the brown lever or the golden lever so that this will be able to hold the processor.
    • And the nest installation is the heat sink and the fan. You have to take the plastic off and then from the bottom of the fan cover you have to cover the heat sink pad and after that you have to place the FAN on the top of the CPU and then you have to just press the metal down and then you have to clip on the CPU. Then you have to connect the CPU fan socket on the motherboard. I think that the bus speed is almost 133 MHz and that is why I have used the settings of the 133*6.5 under the BIOS.
    • And after that you have to install the RAM in the motherboard there are two slots of RAM. There are two locks at the two end points of the Ram slot so you have to just open the RAM lock and after that you have to fix the RAM after fixing the RAM the lock automatically will be locked if this not happen then I think that the RAM is not fixed properly.
    • And the next step is the installation of the hard drive in this case if you are having the IDE hard drive then you have to choose the IDE drive and if you are having the SATA then you have to choose the SATA drive. if you are having the SATA then put the hard drive in the extension provided and then lock them with the help of screw. And after that you have to attach the SATA drive to the motherboard and then I think that the installation is over of SATA drive.
    • And after that you have to install the CD/DVD drive installation this is also same you have to just fix the CD/DVD drive in the extension that is provided and after that you have to connect the IDE cables to the drives of the IDE and after that you have to make sure that the pin 1 of the cable is connected to the pin 1 IDE connector. It’s better to use the primary socket than the secondary sockets.
    • And after that you have to install the sound card you have to mount the sound card as it is designed PCI interface and connects to the PCI slot of your motherboard. And after that you have to place the audio cable into the CD-IN socket. And the other cable should be connected to the audio sockets.
    • After that you have finished with the installation and you are ready to start the computer. I hope that you should try this assemble installation then it will work fine.

I think that there is the problem in the assembling I think that you have not installed it correctly. My friend suggested me that you have to just hold the motherboard with the help of the Heat Sink. So that this is in air and to be ensuring that it is not getting short. And after that you have to set the motherboard to the currently booting processes. And after that there may be four lights on the motherboard and then you have to keep it until it is getting looping. I think that there must be the issue in the mobo. In this case are you seeing the broken trace?

In this case are you verifying the motherboard standoff is corrected or not. In this case you have to do the motherboard shorting because this can cause an issue. To make sure that it is not in the short issue then you have to just pull the motherboard and then you have to place this on the same card board and then you have to build it out at the side and then make sure that the case that you are seeing are posted correctly.

In this case I want to just verify that there must be some problem in the main 24 pin connector you have to see if it is plugged in not if not then you have to main 24 pin connector plugged in. that is having the 8 pin power connector plugged in so that is it is having only one stick of the memory in the video card so that in the power connectors plugged in. I hope that this will help you to solve the problem.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that is the RAM located on the QVL list in the motherboard? And in this case are you trying to clean the BIOS with the help of the RTC with the help of the jumper and if yes then you have to just check the manual and the check the procedure to do this.

Thank you for the replies and now the problem has been solved for the system and the problem was that I have not connected the wires properly that is what the problem and now the problem is solved because of the 7 points that has listed above. And once again thank you.