Thread: Manufacturer defect in Cooler master HAF-X

Manufacturer defect in Cooler master HAF-X

Last week I got Cooler master HAF-X . Initially I find out that not any of expansion cards assemble through the slots correctly, in any way. My EAH6950 doesn't line up well as much as necessary to be screwed inside, and if I affect a bit of force for it to line up thus I can screw it inside, the card will essentially heaviness the PCIe slot downward and the card itself will more twist just a slight bit besides jogging a bit away of the PCIe slot, revealing the contacts. The issue is also same for the sound card. I thought that it was a good case and for that reason I have paid money for it. Now it seems to me that I was completely wrong.

Re: Manufacturer defect in Cooler master HAF-X

Throughout my tests, three negatives really caught our attention, which is quite low. First, there is a lack of a quick release for hard drives or SSDs in removable drawers system dedicated to "Hot Swap" on the front. This system is new compared to the HAF 932 and requests may still be slightly improved. Then, the removal of clips for attaching brackets and other daughter boards, while they were on the previous model. Last, the absence of dust filter on the location of food. However, a new revision of the case should come before the end of the year, with the retail fixed which is good for user’s patients.

Yes I know that there are some defective thing in but now, these few minor complaints are really minor face all the good things that highlights the HAF X. Overall, we won, and its place as a worthy member of the family HAF than a high-end housing. It is certainly more expensive than its little brother, the HAF 932, but in return it is more comprehensive and offers new systems that will be useful to many of you. Remember, it is currently marketed for around 120 euro, against 180 Euro for HAF X, an additional cost justified to us.

In my opinion, only missing one thing to be the perfect box: A few more inches. If the fans were of 200 instead of 180 (won the flexibility to change them for other models) would have six inches deep, so that he could have nine PCI and greater separation of the bays of 5.25 "now stick close motherboard. Two inches wider than allow a little more depth in the back of the plate for the cables. And finally, a little taller, maybe a bay, which would allow a radiator, mounted without problems double or triple the base. For the system of hard drives, I have not seen much problem, except for the price they charge you could come with hot-swap for all, and not just one. It is much better than the Raven 02, for his position. Other minor faults, the motherboard tray is not removable and the back hole of the tray should be bigger, since there are no plates that match the backplate screws.

The only weak points of the HAF X are only the dust filter. None of the dust filter can be removed without major renovations. While this is negligible when the side panel and front panel yet, as they well can be cleaned with compressed air, this is the filter in the ground a bit more problematic. Here the entire power supply must only be solved in order to clean the dust filters.

I say the only of my great fault and you have the FT02, and are the fastening system of racks of hard drives, which is basically nonexistent. Mount the floppy on the rack, get into the groove, and you go back to connect the power cord or the sata and the rack moves, is not subject at all, you have to put a hand on one side of the box while with the other will connect the cables, a disaster. Another tiny detail, half centimeter wide at the rear side of vice could use to leave the perfect wiring.

Among the defects there is no right to recognize the practical example of the system installation disks: hard to ensure the respective drawer is in fact necessary to flex the latter, an action that could cause it to break after repeated maintenance. We must also recognize that if the power supply is equipped with protective grille of some of the fan may increase, even slightly, the overall thickness; the user will be forced to install it with the fan facing upwards, just as happened during of our tests.