Thread: Mybook 500GB connection failure on my system using through router

Mybook 500GB connection failure on my system using through router

I am using a computer in which in which I am using windows 7. I am also using Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 500GB external hard drive with my computer. Now I am facing one issue in my computer. When I connect my hard drive with my Asus' RT-N16 wireless router and it shows that hard drive is connected but when I use my files from hard drive at that time I cannot see any files in my hard drive. Please help me out to fix this issue.

re: Mybook 500GB connection failure on my system using through router

I have gone through your issue and I think first of all you should try to solve this problem by doing this trick. First of all you have to disconnect your hard drive from your router and after that you have to also disconnect your router from your computer by disabling the wireless and after that connect all the things again properly and after connecting that again check whether you can see any files or not I think after reconnecting all the things properly you will not get any issue.

I would like to tell you that you should first try to connect your Western Digital My Book Essential Edition 500GB external hard drive with another router and after that connects that router with your computer or laptop. Now check whether you are able to see your files after that or not. If you are able to see your files after connecting it to the different router then I think there might be something wrong with your router setting and you have to solve this issue by doing proper setting. If you want any more information then let me know.

You can try this solution to fix your issue. First of all connect all the things properly and after that click on the start menu. Now after clicking on the start menu you have to click on the computer. Now after opening my computer you have to select network option. In your network option you will see your USB device listed there and after that select your partition. By doing this steps you will be able to see your files. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

Thank you for giving me above solution. After trying your above solution I was able to see my files from my hard drive and all the things worked fine. Now after that when restart the computer and again when I try to use my files from hard driver at that time I was not able to see my hard drive. Now after that I have done all the setting again and then also I get the same issue. Now after that I have also tried to connect my hard drive with my computer through USB cable and now my computer is also not detecting my hard drive. Please help me out with this.

It looks like you need to reinstall USB drivers in your computer and after doing that try to connect your hard drive with your computer and after doing that your problem might get solved. If you didn’t get any help from this solution also then I think you should try to fix this issue by repairing your operating system and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. After repairing your operating system your both issues will get solved.

The solution which you have suggested was helpful for me. After reading your solution I have inserted my operating system CD in my computer and after that I have repair my operating system. Now after repairing the operating system when I tried to access my files from hard disk at that time I didn’t find any difficulty. Now I am connect my hard driver with my computer also. I really appreciate your help.