Thread: Unable to receive sound over HDMI in LG HDTV and Home Theater System

Unable to receive sound over HDMI in LG HDTV and Home Theater System

I am having LG 42LH40 High Definition TV and with this I am also having the home theater system of 5.1 SRS HT904SA. And I have connected the TV tuner to my LG 42LH40 High Definition TV. And I also do computer work on that but there is a problem with the 5.1 audio jacks and the computer or the LG 42LH40 High Definition TV is there any kind of problem in the LG 42LH40 High Definition TV setup time. What should I setup to solve the problem?

Re: Unable to receive sound over HDMI in LG HDTV and Home Theater System

I think that you should use the ATSC antenna to TV tuner that means if the LG 42LH40 High Definition TV is sending some signals through air then I think that the TV tuner will grab the signals with the help of the antenna that contains the DTS audio and this will get streamed to the HT system and I think that this will play perfectly. However the computer will allow only 2 channels of the audio over the HDMI. Try this one I think this helps.

I have tried this one but there is a minor problem in this that when I connected the computer to the HT system then I have feed the video to the TV, but again this will saying 2 channels of video. But in this case the things are even worse that means the HT to TV over the HDMI was unstable at the rate of 1080p this is with the help of the sporadic speakers.

I am not a computer engineer or I don’t know anything about the computer or the 5.1 audio jacks and I am having the same issue but I don’t know how I solved it but I don’t know that how I solved it. I just thought that the HDMI cables worked with this. Some sort of the HDMI cables and the Realtek has put the digital audio as the default cables. So in this case I hooked a normal speaker by removing the default one. And then I set the speaker to default and then I hooked up to the audio to the TV. In this case I spend 30$ on the cables.

You should check whether you have connected the HDMI connector on the GPU to have plug directly in the DLP HDMI input. For the configuration you have to check and then make sure that it has been connected to the S/PDIF connector with the help of the motherboard to the GPU. Please check whether the S/PDIF connector is connected perfectly in the motherboard.

From the discussion going on I think that you should try to use the HDMI connector on the GPU. You have to connect it with the motherboard. If the motherboard is not having the S/PDIF connector then in this solution you have to use the analog output on the motherboard this will help you to connect to the DLP, and then you have to follow the instructions with the help of the DVI connector on the GPU to plug in directly in the DLP.

I would like to recommend you that you should use the 3D vision to ships with a DVI to HDMI connector and in this case this can be used to connect the HDMI input with the DLP. In this case if you want to connect the analog audio with the computer that you are having to the analog input on the television with the help of using the television speaker, just follow the instructions.
    • You have to first download the Download the 3D Vision DLP Hot fix
    • Then you have to connect the computer into the analog input and then on the back of the DLP.
    • Then you have to just run the 3D Vision DLP Hot fix.
    • Follow the instructions that are coming on the screen to disable the HDMI audio.
    • Then you have to just reboot the computer.
    • Then if the DLP has occurs any changes then I think that the DLP is configured.
    • Then you have to just start the media player and then adjust the volume to the comfortable level