Thread: Features Lacking in Logitech webcam pro 9000 installed on a mac

Features Lacking in Logitech webcam pro 9000 installed on a mac

My Mac is currently running with snow leopard 10.6.4 and it has Logitech webcam pro 9000 p/n 860-000210 and the drivers are UVC class which is default. While I make use of the photo booth app, the video appears to be the 16:9 video from webcam, slashed into 4:3 ratio. Can it be fixed? Furthermore this cam does not have autofocus meant for mac. Is it correct? What is the focus remoteness range while used within this fixed focus form for this webcam? How to enable rightlight2 and rightsound for this webcam? I need some quick answers for all these questions.

Re: Features Lacking in Logitech webcam pro 9000 installed on a mac

The QuickCam Express is using the software at a resolution of 640 × 480, the iBook, but I managed only 352 × 288. Meanwhile I've solved the problem of webcam, but I read yesterday delighted that Logitech has now introduced the QuickCam Vision Pro is an issue of the QuickCam Pro 9000 for Mac. I know, supports all USB cams after UVC standard with Mac OS 10.4.3 by default, so this is true for large parts of the currently on the market webcams. Especially programs like Skype also have certain drivers of this house, so that even very old and cheap models run pretty smoothly.

The program utilized by the Pro 9000 is Logitech’s QuickCam edition 11. This works into 2 methods- QuickCapture and afterward the QuickCam controls. QuickCapture is a fundamental app that can record video and get pictures at your preferred resolution (320×240, 640×480, 960×720, 1-8 megapixels). It furthermore has an extremely naive gallery for viewing photos otherwise video. The controls app is what allows the make use of video effects (similar to a cartoon cover), a solitude shade, and lastly the settings. The settings are accessed from side to side software include auto/manual focus also.

I am looking to physically manage the focus, exposure, as well as white balance intended for a cross-platform app I am developing. It works fine on top of windows where the QuickCam "change settings" key offers me way in toward those controls, except the whole thing I've attempted on the mac doesn't permit me to compose physical adjustments. Furthermore, I'm wondering if Macam might be a explanation (seeing as it does have a few of the physical override functionality inside its most up-to-date versions); except it does not notice the UVC Logitech webcams I attempt most probably for the reason that they are previously inspired through the UVC mac driver

On Mac OS X: it's actually sad that there aren't additional open choices and that macam doesn't helpful in this case; there is furthermore an app named iGlasses, except it's not free (anyhow, a demo download is obtainable); a number of video conference applications for example aMSN are as well capable to access the settings, except they are certainly fairly essential (no physical focus modification). If latest full-featured Logitech QuickCam program otherwise a port of guvcview were obtainable on Mac OS X, certainly it would be much well again.

USB Webcams by defaulting will make use of Apple's integrated USB Webcam driver (obtainable 10.4.9+), therefore devoid of a whole driver from Logitech lots of the additional features are not obtainable. If this doesn't trouble you (from the time when you don't wish for to act rely on a maker's drivers) in that case you'll be just very well. There are though more than a few programs that will permit you to modify the white balance, colours as well as additional bits which you need to search for now.

If you connect the camera via USB, you get only the first opportunity to use the integrated microphone as the recording source, the camera remains, however blindly, regardless of the application. Fortunately, there are hardworking programmers are not content with giving. The trail leads first to use van macam . A small freeware that our STX recognizes without difficulty and controls. Within the application you have access to the control of the camera can then carry out different color settings and the like. It is possible to capture still images and capture small Quicktime movies.