Thread: Unable to install Logitech webcam in windows 7 64bit

Unable to install Logitech webcam in windows 7 64bit

Hi, I have purchased a Logitech webcam and I was trying to install it but as I was getting so many error while I was installing that. it says some of the subsystem files are missing in critical usb subsystem files, and I am not getting what is it actually, and by the way this is a USB web cam so will it need a driver to run the camera? If yes then from where can I get those drivers? and let me tell you that I am running windows 7 64 bit on my machine.

Re: Unable to install Logitech webcam in windows 7 64bit

Yeah once I was also having the same problem, and I have found fix for these, hope this will work, Uninstall all occurrence and traces of Logitech Software, if you have installed any. You can uninstall them from the control panel, and delete all the folders and the directory regarding Logitech, after that Download and install the hotfix Windows6.1-KB2529073-x64.msu from Microsoft's official website. And after that permit the PC to boot, and you need to reboot it two times. After this you have to install the drivers that you have got with the device, and then again reboot the machine, as soon as you do this, you’ll be able to get your device detected.

Off course you need to have the drivers for using that webcam with your machine, and remember one thing though it is a USB device but still you need to install driver in your machine, and most probably with each and every model they gives the drivers with it, so according to me you might have gotten that driver, but if suppose you don’t have any then you can download the same rather the latest drivers from the Logitech’s official website.

Even after doing all this steps if suppose you still getting the problem in detecting the hardware, you must have to download the appropriate drivers which is suitable with the windows 7 also, and this is generally happens like when we install any drivers to the windows 7 it doesn’t support the device, thus we need to have those driver which is compatible with the windows 7 also, so let the windows itself found the driver for your web cam, and as it will got any such it will download it automatically and you can use your web cam.

Are you persisting the same problem? You should have glance at your hardware also, like whether it works perfectly or not, because if this would be the driver issue then it would be solved after doing above mentioned steps, I would recommend you that you should try to connect your web cam to other machine and see whether it detects there or not, and if there also it didn’t get detected, then I am sure that there is some problem in the hardware itself. And for the solution to this you have to change it from the service center if there is any.