Thread: Want information on temps, CCC/Trixx GPU over clocks, etc.?

Want information on temps, CCC/Trixx GPU over clocks, etc.?

Hi I have recently upgraded to the Sapphire HD6950 GPU, and had also replaced the cheapo PSU with a Corsair TX650w. but I don’t know much about it so I wanted some information on it. I wanted to know what is a good temperature range, during the idle time or during gaming loads. Where can I find out what my card should be, temp-wise? I also wanted to know the setting for over clock. Please help

Re: Want information on temps, CCC/Trixx GPU over clocks, etc.?

It seems that you have got a good card, as well as a great PSU upgrade, unlike those cheap PSUs that do not do well with a powerful card like the HD6950 even though the 6900s are much better on heat and power than previous generations. And the best way to overclock anything is to do the settings manually and tests how your card reacts during intervals.

I believe that all cards have different spot. I have been using My Sapphire HD6970 with 2GB memory 980 MHz on the GPU & 1480 MHz on the MEM. It starts to hard lock or render ugly artifacts at 1 GHz and Over-GPU /over 1490-MEM. Though I run it at 930 GPU and 1400 MEM that is actually under AMDs max OVERDRIVE settings. I do that so that I can run everything I play on maximum settings or just about on that so I feel no need to push the GPU unless it were necessary for my performance needs.

The best way that I find and that I have been using to overclock these card easily is with Sapphire TriXX. I use it. You can clock the cards beyond AMD OVERDRIVEs specs. You can easily manage OverClock menu as its very much user friendly. You can also create a fan profile through which you can change fan speed to what speed at what temp as per your need. IT is extremely reliable and useful.