Thread: Not able to close Bay Door of samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E

Not able to close Bay Door of samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E

Hi,I have been have been using my computer from last one year but Since last week , I have noticed the Bay Door of my DVD Rome drive stays opens without opening it, and as when I try to close it, it gets closed for 2-3 seconds and again it gets pop out. Is anyone with similar problem? Please share your ideas idea on how can I solve this problem?

Re: Not able to close Bay Door of samsung DVD-ROM SD-616E

It seems that its an hardware related issue so can you please tell me that are you able to get any lights on your DVD drive? As it might be that your DVD drive may not be receiving any power. If you are not getting any lights then the fault may be with your DVD drive only. Kindly check with your DVD drive and see if all the connections are proper or not.

Hi even I am having a similar kind of problem as yours! My DVD drive stays open even without opening it, I have to finally shut down my computer to close it. As shutting down the computer ever now and then will create more problems to my computer so I have no other option other than leaving it open! Due to this problem many of my works are stuck.

I think that your problem is with the IDE Slot on the Motherboard, kindly check all the cables if they are connected properly. Or have you tried using your DVD drive on some computer? if not then try using it on some other computer, as it will let you know where the problem lies, is the problem with the drive or your computer!

The problem may be with your DVD-ROM drive itself. As the Bay Door might not be setting well with your DVD drive due to some blockage or something that would not be allowing the Bay Door to get closed. Please clean your DVD drive by opening the drive and then try closing it after cleaning it properly. This will usually solve the problem.