Thread: Need help with cable remote buttons A, B and C of Scientific Atlanta's Tuner/DVR boxes

Need help with cable remote buttons A, B and C of Scientific Atlanta's Tuner/DVR boxes

I had a couple of questions with remote specific: I would like the colored buttons on the remote control Sony allocated directly to colored and letters (A, B, C, and D) buttons Scientific Atlanta tuner / DVR boxes. That is the feature that makes it impossible not to use my Scientific Atlanta remote (I have an 8240HDC DVR). I know many people use this box with your cable company, so this change would improve the experience of a large number of users.

I have a Sony STR-DE925 receiver and for some reason, is not in the list of codes counting Sony remote receiver, so there is another remote control I have to go around. I was surprised that was not included, but being an older model, I guess it was overlooked. That said, my Scientific Atlanta remote had a code for it, so why cannot simply be the code for this Sony product to support their own device?

Re: Need help with cable remote buttons A, B and C of Scientific Atlanta's Tuner/DVR boxes

I got Scientific Atlanta DVR box today from my cable company and almost everything works with the remote control of Sony, with the exception of the buttons ABCD colors. Unfortunately, red, blue, green, yellow buttons on the remote control does not work with Google DVR. I am currently using the code 11877, which gives very good results except for the colored buttons. The Scientific Atlanta DVR box is an 8300HDC Explorer. The inability to use the colored buttons is demanding that I keep my cable box Scientific Atl distance. Also I cannot find a way to recover the previous channel you were viewing.

Re: Need help with cable remote buttons A, B and C of Scientific Atlanta's Tuner/DVR boxes

The integration of the cable box is well implemented in the Google TV. So close to being able to get rid of the wired remote, but as others have said before we have to see the "color" Fn the work of the A, B, C buttons on the box Scientific Atlanta / Time Warner Cable. And the power of the cable box outside the function as stated in another thread. The engineers have been aware of the current functionality of the colored buttons. Let’s hope that Sony solves this issue soon.

I have a Samsung cable box (SMT-H3270) Bright House Networks and all functions of DVR Cable Remote works, except the yellow triangle button, the blue square B, and red round button C. You might think that the yellow button, blue and red Universal Remote Sony would result, but is not. Anyone had any luck with this? Is it really so difficult to solve this? Maybe Sony needs to hire some of its customers to help with technology problems.

This is a feature I know many of us are waiting, this is fundamental to the operation of the remote DVR using Google TV with a wide range of cable boxes. It would be greatly appreciated if you someone would allow us to know if this is an issue that is working, and if not, please ask to be given attention. Key to the TV's remote control Google from being seen by many users works correctly and completely.

On a side note, I wonder if the support of more AVR / AMP remote control codes in development. I have a Sony STR-DE925, and no code is available remotely to, yet remote from my cable company has found a code with little effort. I'd love to know that there are more codes to distance ahead, and the ABCD (Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green) button issues are being addressed. Thanks for helping with this, it means a lot. I would also like to mention that the current Netflix interface, which was published in the latest update, is now my favorite Netflix interface on any platform I've used. It's great. Really an excellent job of that.

I would say that this is the thing I'd like to see resolved. When you are making the most of any configuration of SA 8300 DVR with my DVR from Time Warner Cable, which needs the ABC buttons. Did you know that for some of the advanced features of the guide? Without a way to do these on the remote, I am obliged to maintain the old setup box distance around the push of three buttons. Very annoying! Since it appears that the remote control functions are the same across multiple TV platforms Google, I guess this is an issue that Google needs to fix, but I have hope that Sony has the clout of Google to make fixing this a priority.