Thread: Alienware Area-51 won’t detect Thermaltake BlacX esata/usb

Alienware Area-51 won’t detect Thermaltake BlacX esata/usb

Hey guys, I need some help. Actually the help is for one of my cousin, who is facing this weird issue with his Alienware Area-51 computer system. The computer seems to be very good and impressive in almost all the terms but the only issue arises when we are trying to connect an external esata/USB drive through the esata port. Please if anyone has got any solution, by which I can solve my problem, then please help me by posting your replies.

Re: Alienware Area-51 won’t detect Thermaltake BlacX esata/usb

I would recommend you to first of all make sure that there is no fault in your Thermaltake BlacX esata/USB external drive. You should probably try to connect the external drive by using the USB and check whether it is getting detected in your Alienware Area-51 computer or not. By doing so, you will be able to recognize whether there is an issue with the Thermaltake BlacX esata/USB device or not. If the device is faulty, then you won’t be able to connect it through any means.

According to me, there is some issue with the Thermaltake BlacX esata/USB device. So, I would suggest you to get it checked under the supervision of someone who possesses the technical knowledge regarding the dame. So, I would recommend you to take the device back to the retailer from whom you purchased it. He will be checking the device and if any fault is found then you can get it repaired or replaced depending on the severity of the issue.

Make sure that you are properly connecting the Thermaltake Black esata/usb drive to your system. It might be possible that you were using the wrong USB cable to establish the connection and that is why you are unable to establish any kind of connection with your Alienware Area-51 laptop. Also if the external drive is not connecting to one USB slot, then you should probably try connecting to other USB slots in your laptop. It might help you solve the issue .

Thank you, guys for showing your interest in my issue. Before taking help from somebody professional, I preferred sorting out the issue by myself if possible and if nothing helps then calling up the professional guy to solve the issue. So, I cross checked the connection, and it seemed to perfect as mentioned in the manuals. But then I tried connecting the external drive through USB and luckily it worked. The only issue is with the esata connection. What must be causing the issue? Please help!!

First of all you should make sure that the AHCI is enabled in bios. Once you have enabled the AHCI then try to connect to the esata ports. You will find an option in the BIOS settings to turn off and turn on the eSata port. You should see some kind of Silicon Image in the Device Manager, and check out whether it syas, “Working Properly” or not. Also, if you find your eSata not getting proper power supply, then most probably you will be requiring to provide an external power to the drive.

You should possible check the BIOS settings of your computer and check whether they are enabled or not. Aldo try to connect the external drive to both front and rear esata port in your system. I am sure you will be able to find the two esata port in your system. If you are not able to then I would suggest you to take help of someone good with hardware. I have seen many people to try out just one esata port and loose hope. Many are not even aware that the Alienware area-51 has got 2 esata port in it.