Thread: How is the performance of Samsung 1TB hard drive

How is the performance of Samsung 1TB hard drive

Does a 1TB hard drive from Samsung works nicely if loaded fully with data. I have heavy data transfer work where I have to everyday transfer a number of files. Many of those files are more than 1GB. Current I have 3 500gb internal disk with an NAS storage. I want to replace them with an higher storage capacity and in that case 1TB looks quiet a fine. But what I need is better data transfer rate, which must consume less time for moving files in and out of the hard drivers. Thanks.

Re: How is the performance of Samsung 1TB hard drive

You can go for Samsung Spinpoint. It is a nice hard drive with better support and transfer rate. I am not sure but this is an awesome driver with high data transfer rate and capacity. This new range is particularly interesting with 334 GB platters. The Spinpoint F1 1 TB should be limited to use three 334 GB platters while models Hitachi / Seagate use five or four similar plates 200 or 250 GB Consequently, the Spinpoint F1 could be cheaper and certainly more efficient.

From my side I will too recommend for the Samsung SpinPoint 1 TB. It can help you to increase the level of storage capacity in notebooks as well as increase speed and reduce consumption. You will surely be shocked to see the size of the driver. Just 2.5 inch thick made this drive more compatible. The unit has two 500 GB disks and has a thickness of 9.5 millimeters. The SpinPoint M8 turns at 5,400 rpm and is priced at U.S. $ 129.

If you need a high speed in data transfer rate then you must go for SSD. A major speed boost you get with a SSD . This is especially true for the system partition. Starting and access programs will be accelerated significantly in this. The Flash memory drivers are noiseless, durable but more and more expensive. Along with this add more ram it will improve your systems performance more. A minimum of 3GB ram is recommended here.

There are some models in the same range and size of hard drive you are looking for. Like you can go for Hitachi Deskstar. This is also an thinner and faster performance drive. Already mentioned Samsung SpinPoint F1 and F3 is much better. Other than this you can also have a look on the Seagate Barracuda hard drive. And last one is the Western Digital Caviar Green, Caviar Black, AV-GP and RE4. This are some drives which you must see before buying.

Go for Spinpoint F3 model.The maximum capacity of this is also 1TB. Quiet an good hard disk with better data transfer rate and power. It is found that this new hard drive have more than 30 percent better performance than its predecessors. At 7200 rpm you can smoothly work on heavy data transfer and enjoy a 16Mb buffer on this. There are other models but this one is mostly recommended more for NAS devices.