Thread: Programmable buttons not working in KENSINGTON mouse

Programmable buttons not working in KENSINGTON mouse

Guys I have this strange problem with my mouse that I would like to discuss it with you all. The problem is that I am having the KENSINGTON mouse and it has 5 programmable buttons in it, the strange part of the mouse is that LEFTCLICK-RIGHTCLICK displays a pop up menu. I don’t know what exactly is the cause behind it and also one more thing that I would like to add here is that it does works really well with the other XP machines, so that’s what I wanted to say here. Hope you all got the problem of what I am saying here, do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: Programmable buttons not working in KENSINGTON mouse

There is a simple solution for you which you should try out at this point of time, so what you ahev to do is uninstall every instance of the mouse drivers that you will obviously find it in the device manager and after having uninstalled it then install bacj again the drivers of the mouse, try doing that. Sounds to me as a bit of driver conflict with the system, so that’s why I am warning you against it. do work on the suggestions that I have given here and it will be of sure help for you.

Qok thanks for the suggestion that you have given here. Just let me inform you that I have done the same thing but after having uninstalled the mouseworks.exe file then I am not able to get any instance of the muse there in the system. so what next step should I try out here, please tell me. as I am not a good techie here so that’s why I need a detailed help on these. I am sure that you will be able to do that and please suggest me something on that, I am waiting for your response.

Ok you seemed to have just deleted the file that file only, if you go to the add and remove programs you will find some of the drivers of the mouse there also. So uninstall it from there and after having done that again plug in the mouse, download the drivers from the manufactures website and hence install it accordingly on the system. so do try that and let me know if the problem gets solved or not. So that’s what I am saying here, work on it and let me know if that was of any use for you.

Surely seems to be as the driver issue for me because if it is running well in the other system then it should work in your system as well. So do check out the suggestions that has been given here. Still if your problem does not gets solved out by that then let me inform you that you must have a chat with the manufacturers regarding the ceratin issue and if possible do get it reapced as soon as possible. So that is what I am advising you here, do work on it and let me know if that was of any use for you.

Excellent that did the trick for me, yes surely it was the driver issue for me here and hence the necessary problem here. thanks that you all did take a note of that and informed me accordingly on the same. appreciate that you all did notice the problem accordingly here and hence appreciate your efforts for the same here.