Thread: Trim command on the SSD

Trim command on the SSD

I am having 40GB Intel mSATA. Let me know whether there is a support for trimming on the Intel mSATA. Is there is automatic support for trimming on the Windows 7? If there is no support then let me know how can I enable the same on the system of mine? Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Trim command on the SSD

I let you know that you will be able to do trimming on the SSD of yours. you can perform the trimming on the computer in the back ground. In normal situation you will get the requirement of yours once you have login on the computer or even it can be happening when your system is in idle state. You did not require to put any efforts t enable the trimming manually on the system of yours.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I let you know that the Intel Enterprise class SSD is not having support for Trim. People are saying that it having the higher speed as well as lifespan of the SLC flash precludes for the usefulness of Trim. After doing little bit research work I have figure out that there is no automated support for the TRIM SSD in the RAID. According to me the Intel is not interested to make the support on this particular matter.

Well all the Intel SSD’s are having support for the trim after launching of the G1 drives. However I am unable to figure out why there is no idea regarding the enterprise drives. You are not having the drive then you are did not require to worry about. Controller of the chip is not making any difference in now a days. They are quite good. From past few days I have noticed great difference between the SSD and the controller which they are using. The device which you are talking about is having a support for Trim.

Actually the Intel G1 drives are not having any support for Trim. The G1 drives are having the same controller architecture as it used on the G2 and G3 drives and it having the half cache. However I am surprised for the thing that mSATA Intel are of the 310/311 are not having any support for the Trim at all. You can consider 311 as an exception because it seems to be SLC drive. I am hoping that you have figure out the thing appropriately.

The Trim command is used to notify the operating system to inform the SSD which blocked of the data is not used and it should be wiped from the SSD internally. This particular command is introduced after SSD has become an affordable alternative for the traditional hard disk for the permanent storage for the computer. Because all the low level operation on the SSD are performed differently than of the hard disk. It helps to handle the garbage collection over head which can slow down the future write operation which is associated with that particular block in advance.