Thread: Burning process skipping on DVD burner?

Burning process skipping on DVD burner?

Hello friend I have HP 740b light scribe DVD writer in it it was working properly but from last some days am getting some problem with this am having all bad burns, I have also updated my firmware and I am using verbatim can this be the reason why burner is dying? Well I don’t have any actual clue whats the problem for all this how should I get rid of such problem can anyone tell me what to do now? Have any one faced this problem and if yes what you did?

Re: Burning process skipping on DVD burner?

Yes dude you are not alone with this problem I have also suffered from this problem and that time I to had a HP laptop with the same DVD writer and I hard really tuff time solving this out then I had to contact my engineer he checked out and said me that my less was not working and I need to change this DVD writer now the problem was like whenever I inserted my disk inside and started a process of burning it threw away the CD and there were some scratches to over it why don’t you to contact with you engineer i think he would solve it.

Well dear I think your software is corrupted why don’t you use Nero CD burner I use this and I have never had such problem’s this really works fine try downloading it and using it I think this would solve your problem and if not this try some other software from your friends or someone whos burner is working properly and if still you have a problem I think you should clean you DVD writer there must be some dust or some problem with it I hope you problem is not bigger like you have to change whole of your burner best of luck hope you get your problem solved easily.

Hey not a good problem, well I want to know does it make loud sound when you insert you CD in or while the burning process starts if yes I think there is some problem with your burner I have a HP 24X Multi format DVD and I have never found any problem with this I think you need to talk to your engineer and ask him would this work in your system if yes try this one hope it helps you out because I have never found any problem with this and if you get this I think you won’t face any problem to.

Ok do one thing insert those CD into your friends pc or so and try if this CD works in his pc if yes then that CD isn’t faulty now next thing what you need to do is just change your software and see if successfully burns the CD I think Alcohol120 would be a nice choice as a cd burning software you must use it I have used it and it has been working nicely with me. Now if even this don’t work I think you need to choose the last option contact a engineer and try by changing the DVD burner completely I hope it works and I suppose these are the only thing what you can do to get rid of it

I was using verbatim for my Philips 3575 HDD recorder and then I found some batch row’s immediate error so I stopped using this, so I can’t say by been 100 % sure but I think this may be the problem with you then the other stuffs which you can carry on are the other steps said by others like changing your software changing your DVD burner or first try it in some other pc’s and I think the best thing is if you can contact your service provider you need a service to your system. Don’t worry much this problems keep on effecting systems I hope it would work fine for you as soon as possible.

Hello friend I have some help by telling you some possibilities which you can try to make it work properly so the first thing I would be suggesting you is try a slower burning speed, and then second thing may be the burner must be out of its way , I think your computer needs maintenance that may be done by trying the defragmenter, registry cleaning , you can also try this close all programs except DVD burner while burning the DVD or try different brands of DVD media hope this solves your problem and you are dragged away of your problem.