Thread: why the speed of ssd is degrading

why the speed of ssd is degrading

I have a Vertex 2 OCZ 60GB for the OS installed on a 2600 + i7 + 8Gb ASUS P8P67 LE DDR3 1600MHz. I had on my side done several tests and performance if they are not expected. Someone can tell me if you are well these values. Could this will be improved by something. I do not know whether this will be due to antivirus.Can I compare it with a Seagate 320GB SAS 10k T10 Cheeta.

Re: why the speed of ssd is degrading

Try ATTO Disk Benchmark program. It is the most reliable for SSD. I forgot to mention that I have installed and ESET x64Bits Win7. You have high latency, you have the SATA controller in AHCI mode. If in SATA AHCI mode. The drivers, if I remember correctly, the Intel. I do not know the truth .... if you do not need to work with files on the SSD, it is best to forget the benchmark and just enjoy the read speed gives you the OS and programs

The SSD 720 avoids the bottleneck of using SATA connectors PCI-Express x8, much faster to achieve impressive performance from 2.2 to 1.8 Gbytes per second mode read / write, respectively. It helps to use simple technology cell SLC, more powerful than typical multi-cell MLC for consumption. Available in storage capacities of 200 and 400 Gbytes. In addition to the SSD for servers and business and confirming the strong commitment of Intel SSDs in the area of.

Many users find the SSD option for a nice upgrade, even for older systems, because the effect of significantly speed up the storage subsystem will be very noticeable. But the performance of an SSD in a greater or lesser degree dependent on the ability of the system to cope with significant amounts of I / O activity. That is, SSD will provide peak performance only if the drive is a fast system.

On the hard drive to manage this easily, because the information is stored in separate blocks, each of whom is assigned a logical address LBA (logical block addressing). Hard drive knows where a particular unit, so it can position the head to read or write block. Since all the data blocks are processed in turn. Discussing the performance of SSD is important to define what a performance. The term is used either to measure the speed, or to determine such factors as power consumption, performance or efficiency per watt. In the segment of data storage capacity per dollar or per watt can be a key indicator, while for the most productive systems, particularly in enterprises benefit from the speed input / output per watt.

You will need to SSD, which supports TRIM. Such support have nearly all current products on the market, but the TRIM may be added to the old SSD by a firmware update. On the other hand, many manufacturers have already stopped supporting the old solid-state products, using the TRIM as a marketing advantage of new solutions. In general, it is better not look for the old model on sale, and buy a new SSD. And the problems will not be supported.