Thread: How to upgrade wifi driver kernel 2.6.36

How to upgrade wifi driver kernel 2.6.36

I have purchased a laptop for my sister. This laptop’s configuration is very fantastic means it has good configuration. Actually she wants to upgrade the wifi driver 2.6.36 kernel. But I don’t know about this how to upgrade the wifi driver in this laptop. If anyone know about this the please tell me. I asked about this problem so many people. I am unable to get the solution of this problem. I hope I’ll get the right solution on this forum.

re: How to upgrade wifi driver kernel 2.6.36

Actually I don’t have much knowledge. But I am telling you what I know. I want source of this 2.6.36 or 2.37 with Ubuntu patches. This is due to the reality that I have Toshiba laptop, and toshiba_acpi compiled in Maverick does not work correctly. Yet, there is a piece that worked on Maverick 2.6.35 and if I could find sources of Maverick 2.6.36 or 2.6.37, this patch might work too. It does not patch correctly with vanilla 2.6.36 sources. I hope it will give you some help.

It is very fascinating, I just upgraded to 10.10 on October 10th. That’s why I am very happy with maverick, 10.04 were good quality but my laptop wireless aircard sometimes acted genuine odd sometimes had to boot into windows first and with maverick. I do not have to so windows have missing entirely. Also advancement would not perform right for me in 10.04 and works fine in maverick. I have a 10.10 cd therefore I almost certainly will upgrade to the next version when it is freed but if it does not work right I’ll go back to maverick. That’s why maverick is awesome! I am totally explain about my laptop may be it is same as your laptop.

Yes, I really did but never found any replies. Here it is, it goes into more aspect: here. Since you have found a Broadcom card, you might need to appear at this page. It appears you can utilize either the STA or b43 driver for your card; therefore you might need to attempt the "other" driver from whichever you are utilizing. I presume it is worth an attempt. Where do I get the .deb files? You do not go anywhere, excluding to System then after Administration and the after you will go Synaptic, but grasp on the back ports-wireless package for now. I do not consider it will assist.

I would like to tell you this seems to be a problem with the method kernel modules are to be constructed with 2.6.34 and newer kernels. Then you can download the source code for the kernel form the internet and then patch it, and recompile it yourself (which I do not suggest) or you can visit the nvidia.com and download the latest wifi driver yourself. Driver versions 260 and latest wifi driver should work well. Then after you will install it in your laptop.

At last you got it’s working, thanks for all your help! I deleted /usr/local/bin from $PATH, it seems /usr/local/bin/install was an available from the time I attempted to install Matlab and abortive (because of some 64-bit library). I removed the whole folder, the after installed the drivers, and did strike into some "getting IP address" issues in wicd, but installed network manager instead of and at last found wireless to work again.

Re: How to upgrade wifi driver kernel 2.6.36

Thank you so much for suggesting me. I am very impressed for your solution. I upgraded the wifi driver for kernel 2.6.36. Now I am using the Maverick. Now currently I am satisfied with this driver. But still I have a problem. After upgrading the driver system speed is going to be slow. I didn’t the problem. I want to know that is it related to the diver upgrdation? If yes then tell me how can I fix this problem? I will have to service centre or I can fix self. Tell me suitable solution.