Thread: Msi 890fxa-gd65 USB and video failing after absolute use

Msi 890fxa-gd65 USB and video failing after absolute use

Many times this has ensued to me. I will be playing a game some time (2+ hours) and all the abrupt my mouse, keyboard, and monitor will all faint and shut off. My PC is at a standstill running and the buttons on the face of the case to shut the PC off no longer work either. I know it's not a heat trouble because I touched the heat sinks on the mobo and they are not hot in any way. I have taken the board and swapped it at Frys; this is the 2nd board so I am quite certain it’s not anything incorrect with the board. Help me please!

Re: Msi 890fxa-gd65 USB and video failing after absolute use

Lower your memory speed to 1333 is the standard setting if you have all settings on auto. As well make certain your memory is including in dual-channel, check with CPU-z. I would not be astonished is that's fraction of the trouble. You have too lots of troubles, and as this is the second board it can't be the board causing all this. As well, have you checked the arguments between the board and the case? If there is one too many it will short stuff.

I Have a phenom2 965, I think that's what it's called. It’s a latest model 4 core 3 GHz. Approximately 160 from Newegg. So how can up make it functioning? As well just yesterday my mobo NIC just determined to die. I started again and it came back though. Don't know what occurred with that. If my ddr3 ram is 1600 MHZ, it's too quick? What do I do to maintain it at that? I have not distorted any settings to make the ram over clocked, I just plugged and played. Either way, how do I get out down to slower speeds then?

In spite of the speed which is printed on the memory, it's the CPU that is just trained up to 1333 (the memory controller is in the CPU!); anything over is overclocking and not certain to work. Similar as your car, you can purchase tires that do 160KM/H, but if the car has an engine which can do just 134KM/H, then it's not certain you ever reach 160. The board in this case it simply the axe between the tire and the engine, it has no crash on the engines capabilities. Ripjaws is about the nastiest memory money can purchase, we see it fail all too frequently on AMD. Put an El-cheapo memory bond in it and notice how it goes.

Do yourself a help and hunt for RAM SPD reports on the net. Memory module makers write the SPD details to the EEPROM on the module. Motherboard BIOSes interpret the SPD information to build up the memory controller. If that SPD profile is not in line with the inhabitant RAM speed supported by the CPU, then the board's BIOS will be put to the wrong memory speed. It’s an industry plan standard (JEDEC) and the memory maker is the cause of the wrong setting while the user purchases an mismatched set of memory.

I don’t know where to seem to locate a list of RAM that is veteran to work in the AMD system. I have 2 sticks of corsair cm2x2048-6400c5 4 gigs total that are 5-5-5-18 and 800MHz from my previous system and a set of loyalist, I am not going to trouble with the specs because I simply discovered its DDR2. I don’t have any DDR3 sticks placing around =\. As well I checked the clashes and I just have the ones that are necessary in there. So I guess my question is, what do I do now?

I just wish to indicate I too have incident this trouble on 2 dissimilar 890fx motherboards. I will attempt lowering my ram speed as it presently sits at 1600. This just occurs on certain games, MY USB VIDEO die but motherboard continues running, CPU fan stays on when video card fan isn’t. At present, I have attempted:
    1. Exchanging to a larger power supply (did not work)
    2. New Motherboard (did not work)
    3. New Video Card (did not work)

I am depressing to think memory speed is the offender as I spent more to buy the Kingston 1600 ddr3.