Thread: Unable to burn disk with Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D

Unable to burn disk with Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D

Hello friends I am using Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D in my computer and it was working fine with my computer. From last some days my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D is giving me problem. Now whenever I try to burn anything at that time it fails to write CDs. I have try to solve this problem in so many ways but I didn’t get any result. Is there anything wrong with my Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D or there is something wrong with my computer. Please help me with this.

re: Unable to burn disk with Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D

I think you should first try to burn the disk by using different software. It means if you are using nero to burn your CDs then try to burn the CDs by using different tools like power DVD or imgburn. You can easily find these software’s from internet and after that install it in your computer and check whether it is allowing you to burn the CDs or not. if you still get the same problem then there is something wrong with your ROM and if you don’t find any issue then you should reinstall the nero.

If you facing the same problem with other software also then I think you can solve this problem by following this trick. First remove your DVD ROM and after that connect it with other computer and then check whether your DVD ROM is able to burn the CDs or not. if you get the same problem then you need to change the DVD ROM and if your ROM works perfectly then I think you should check your IDE cables and make sure that it is working fine.

I have installed the imgburn from internet and after that I have installed that in my computer. Now after doing that when I tried to burn the CDs at that time get the same problem. After that I have also tried to fix this problem by connecting my Rom with other computer with that computer my ROM works fine. When I reconnect my ROM with my computer again from that time my computer is not detecting the ROM please tell me what should I do?

I have gone through your issue and I think you should try to solve this by reconnecting IDE cables and you have to also check that other ROM is giving same problem or not. if other ROM gives the same problem then I think it is surly IDE cable problem and by replacing the cables you can fix this problem. you should also check your BIOS setting whether ROM is enable or not. I think you will be able to fix this issue by trying one of this tricks.

I have checked my IDE cable with other DVD Rom and after that I came to know that my IDE cable is not working and after that I have bought new IDE cable and connect it with my DVD ROM and after that my computer detected my DVD ROM and now my DVD ROM is also able to burn every disk and I am very happy with my DVD ROM . Your given replies really helped me to fix this problem =. Thank you so much for helping me and giving me all the information.  

Re: Unable to burn disk with Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-115D

hi friends,I have vaio laptop and I have a problem regarding my dvd burner,,when ever I use( moser dvd+rw 4x) to burn data, the burning process fails but whenever i use( sony dvd-rw 2x) ,data gets easily burned so what can be the reason behind this?? my laptops mod no is vpccb15fg................and also I want to know that what is the meaning of 4x,2x,8x.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmeet singh View Post
    hi friends,I have vaio laptop and I have a problem regarding my dvd burner,,when ever I use( moser dvd+rw 4x) to burn data, the burning process fails but whenever i use( sony dvd-rw 2x) ,data gets easily burned so what can be the reason behind this?? my laptops mod no is vpccb15fg................and also I want to know that what is the meaning of 4x,2x,8x.
    4x,2x,8x are just the speed on which the data gets burned/writed on the cd/dvd. How old is your laptop anyways because if it is old then a burner with it that old may not have the correct burning strategy for newer 4X media, have you ever updated the burners firmware? Second moser is poor quality media whose quality often varies from one batch to the next.

thanks for your sugestion appy .........I have purchased my laptop last month it is the latest modal of c series ...........i have not updated my burner firmware. I dont know how to update it..

Quote Originally Posted by jasmeet singh View Post
    thanks for your sugestion appy .........I have purchased my laptop last month it is the latest modal of c series ...........i have not updated my burner firmware. I dont know how to update it..
    What is the make or model of the burner that you have inside your laptop? You will be able to see the logo or some stickers where it will tell you which model is it. If it is from the sony vaio model only, then log on to sony website and search for its latest dvd writer firmware and download and install it in your laptop.

Ok I Will Try It Thank U

my burners name is mashita dvd-ram UJ8A0AS

You can download the MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8A0AS ATA Device drivers or firmwares from here and check if that works out for you or not. If it is not working then search for the MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8A0AS 1.00 version software from the net and download and install it in you pc. Hope that helps you out.

thanks for the suggestion