Thread: Need PCIe USB3 controller card highest speed capability

Need PCIe USB3 controller card highest speed capability

I am planning to buy WD My Book Essential 3.0 which comes with the USB 3.0 and I want to use it with my computer which is DELL XPS 420. Now I am confused between selecting the PCIe card which will help me to utilize the High speed USB3 capability of WD My Book Essential but I don’t which one is better the one which offers inbuilt power option or which required external power source. Please help me with this and suggest me which one is better for me.

Re: Need PCIe USB3 controller card highest speed capability

As far as I know DELL XPS 420 is having a eSATA port which is very useful and also enables you for high speed data transfer. If you are looking for WD My Book Essential because of high speed transfer then I think you should go for any eSATA drive which will also give you best performance and with those drives you don’t have to use any external power source for your drives. I hope this information will be helpful to you. If oyu want any help then please let me know.

Yes I have eSATA port at the back of my computer but I cannot use it because I am using external DVD writer with it. all the internal ports are occupied by my three internal hard disks and two other optical drives. I want my computer to have high speed transfer and with the help of WD My Book Essential 3.0 I can transfer lots of data in my 2TB WD My Book Essential. Now please tell me what will be good option for me. any help will be appreciated.

According to your requirements I will suggest you to buy Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Model RC-505 card which proper match with your needs. It has two USB 3.0 ports. This card will provide you Data Transfer Rate Up to 5.0 Gbps which is enough for bulky data. With this card you don’t need to have any external power source. Just put this card in your system and manage your all the data with high speed data transfer. If you want any more information then let me know.

I am using WD My Book Essential 3.0 2TB drive and I have recently purchased Transcend PCIe Interface USB 3.0 Dual expansion card which is very nice and also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices. I t gives me a very nice performance and there are no issues with this card. It also Supports PCI bus power management interface rev. 1.2 which is very nice thing about this card. I think you should also go for this card. I hope this information will help you to take the decision.

Thank you so much for giving me all the solution and information. I have referred all the above replies and after that I was so confused between Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Model RC-505 card and Transcend PCIe Interface USB 3.0 Dual expansion card. I have searched on internet about those card and after that I have found that Transcend PCIe Interface USB 3.0 Dual expansion card is better for my system and my requirements and then I have purchased it and installed it I my system and now all the things are going good. I really appreciate your help.