Thread: Benq DW1650 is not working with windows 7

Benq DW1650 is not working with windows 7

I am using a computer in which I have Benq DW1650 DVD+-RW 16X Dual Layer DVD Writer. My DVD writer was working fine with my computer when I was using it with windows vista. After that I have upgraded my computer windows 7. Now after installing the windows 7 all the things are working fine except my have Benq DW1650. I don’t know what is wrong with my DVD writer. Please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Benq DW1650 is not working with windows 7

I have gone through your post and I would like to ask you that exactly what problem you are facing with your Benq DW1650. If you can give detail description about your problem then it will help to find the solution. Is your Benq DW1650 writer gives you problem at the time of DVD playback or your Benq DW1650 is not able to read any CD or DVDs. First let me know about this then I will give you give you solution according to that.

After installing the windows 7 my Benq DW1650 is not able to read any disks. Whenever I try to read use any disk in my Benq DW1650 writer at that time after inserting disk it does nothing. I can see my DVD drive in my computer but with no use. Before installing the windows 7 I was not getting this problem. is this problem because of virus or there is problem with my windows 7. Please help me out to fix this issue. I am waiting for your reply.

I think you should try to fix this problem by removing your Benq DW1650 from your computer and after that connecting it again with your computer. First turn off the computer and after that open your CPU and disconnect all the cables from your DVD writer and then connect then again properly. Now after doing the start the computer and then check whether your DVD writer is reading any disk or not. I think this method will fix your issue. if you want any more information then let me know.

If you can see the DVD Rom drive in your computer but you cannot read then it means there is something wrong with your driver. Try to reinstall the driver in your computer. If you don’t have the driver then you can download it easily from internet and after that install it in your computer. Now after installing that driver restart the computer and then check whether you are problem is solved or not. I think reinstalling the driver will fix this issue.

I have searched the solution for this problem on internet. you have to do some setting in your registry files to fix this issue. first open the registry editor by typing regedit in search box of start menu. Now after that click on ok. Now you have to find registry key according this HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and after that you will see the upper filters option in right pane. Now right click on the upper filter and delete it. Now after deleting that restart the computer. I hope this will fix the problem.

I have tried to fix this problem by reinstalling the driver but after that also I was not able to solve the problem. After that I have followed all the steps which you have mentioned in your above steps and after deleting that upper filter I have restarted my system. Now after restarting the system my problem gets solved and my Benq DW1650 start working normally. Thank you so much for all the information and replies which you have given to me.