Thread: Need PSU AC/DC which outputs 12V 4A

Need PSU AC/DC which outputs 12V 4A

I am looking for a power supply unit which would plug into main supply that would be probably an AC power and which would provide me an output of 12 Volt, 4 ampere. So I want some suggestions regarding this type of power supply unit, I would probably connect a device to this PSU which requires or needs this much power as an input also this device would be external. So please let me know the same, which would be safe and convenient to use.

Re: Need PSU AC/DC which outputs 12V 4A

I guess for the output that you desire would be obtained from any PSU. So it would be fine if you go with any PSU. I guess this type of PSU you would probably connect it to an external monitor. I did come across one that is taken from a routine form factor like those Dells that have them integrated hooked on the monitor or somewhat if size is the major concern. In some case, the majority PC PSUs ought to be able to distribute over 14A so in effect as much as you need, and I believe if you want 12V that's almost certainly your finest bet.

For this kind of power supply unit you may well also use an Xbox 360's power supply unit. As you want that device to be safer, so in turn they are apparently safe and quite compact, as the exterior from the console. This is also not much costlier and you can have this within the same range as it charges for a normal Power supply unit. This device would plug into an AC socket, and then there is the cable out the other side so that it would offer the DC connection, one of the connections would give you the 12v. I guess you would be connecting the DVD drive to PSU as it also consumes the same power.

I have searched through the power supply unit that you require and I found some of them. These are like a normal charger, probably like a laptop charger which takes an AC voltage and would provide and DC voltage of the criteria that you require. Its cost is somewhere related to the normal PSU. But the thing is that you cannot take the normal PSU anywhere and this type of power units are portable and even safe to use as they are properly insulated and have inbuilt insulators as well as they don’t produce much noise as they are advance in these technologies.

If you want to know more about these types of power supply units then you can search for your query over Google and then you would search results. You can choose an appropriate power supply as you want; there are many companies which offer these units. Even you could get the price range of this device. Some of these brands are bit costlier because they have bit advance capabilities on it. You also have to look upon the length of the cable, as you want to connect it to external device up to appropriate length.

When you search for some power supply unit as mentioned above then I would recommend you something on which you should make a note. The main thing to note is that you should always go for a high quality one. If the PSU is of 500 to 550 watt then as required it would provide with 12 volt and then you can plug in any device as you want. Also there are PSU which uses 700 to 750 watt power supply but it would be capable to power more devices.

I would list you some of these power supply unit which you require and even I find them best ones. These product names are LCD12V4A48W-5.5 x 2.5mm, and then other one is ADP-1204-5525. These are usually china products. But if you buy from a vendor then do ask them about the product warranty. I guess it would probably have a six months warranty; also it would be better if you find such power supply unit with extended warranty, and yes it would definitely increase few bucks.