Thread: Gentoo: No sound in HDA Intel Realtek ACL889

Gentoo: No sound in HDA Intel Realtek ACL889

I have installed Gentoo on the computer of mine. Well i am having HDA Intel Realtek ACL889 soundboard on the computer of mine. it seems to working fine except volume. The volume of the system is seems to be slow and microphone is not working at all. I am posting below some useful information which would be useful to find out the root cause of the problem.

Re: Gentoo: No sound in HDA Intel Realtek ACL889

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I want to know which codec do you having on the computer of yours. in order to find the same you need to execute the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    # cat /proc/asound/card*/codec\#*|grep -i codec
    Post the output of the above mentioned command as early as possible so that I can I let you possible solution to fix the matter of yours.

I am not sure why this particular problem is occurring on the system of yours but I can let you something which you should try and see whether it is working or not. Well you need to use kernel model parameter. You have to add following line.
    Code:
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf
    At following place
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model="Model from the list above."
    I am hoping that it would be helpful to you fix the matter of yours.

I was having the same problem which you are facing. I have executed below mentioned command on the computer of mine.
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=intel-x58
    Luckily above mentioned command worked for me. So I recommend that you should execute the above mentioned command and I am hoping that you will be able to fix the matter of yours.

I am suggesting following instruction which you can use to fix the matter of mine.
    • You have to go for Kmix and you have to go for Settings and then you have to see for the Configure Channels.
    • I am suggesting that you should simply drag and drop the channels from the left and right. Also you need to play with the volume up button and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.

I am not sure but there could be an issue with the microphone which you are using. Well I am suggesting that you should get a new microphone from the friend of yours and see it working or not. Also you have to check into /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio location and you need to see that it should be model=SOMETHING so that module would load properly on the hardware. So check the same and let me know as early as possible.