Thread: How to rename newly installed Optical drive?

How to rename newly installed Optical drive?

Recently I have purchased a second optical drive on the computer of mine. Well its working great. It is working same as the existing drive and the existing drive is being show as the new one. I am unable to figure out why it is happening on the computer of mine. according to me location and designation should be reserved. Let me know If you are having any specific information on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to rename newly installed Optical drive?

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to know about the operating system which you have installed on the computer of yours? Well I don’t recommend if you are supposed to change the letter of the partition which you are using on the computer of yours. however there would be no issue if you are supposed to change the letter of the optical drive. Just for curiosity I want to know about the optical drive which you have purchased.

I think I know something which would be useful to get the requirement of yours. Well I let you know that there would be an IDE connector which you have slaved wrongly. Well I let you know that you need to swap between the connectors on the system of yours and see whether you are getting the desire result. So try the thing which I have mentioned over here and I am hoping that it would be useful to get the requirement of yours.

Well I recommend that you should not make any changes on the computer until and unless there is no big issue and the entire thing is working fine. Personally I have changed the letter of the hard disk on the dual boot system of mine. that I have entered C:/ instead of the E:/ and the XP partition of the hard disk seems to be unbootable. So again I recommend that you should not make any changes until and unless there is a big issue.

I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the matter of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for the Control Panel. Into Control Panel you have to go for the Administrative Tools and you have to click for the Computer Management and look for the Disk Management.
    • Well you will see the list of the drives of the Optical as well as Hard disk.
    • You have to double click on the desire drive and make changes accordingly.

I am hoping that it would be helpful to you.

I am suggesting following quick checks which you should consider while changing the letter of the drive.
    • You should not change the main drive letter.
    • Programs on the computer seems to be confused if the drive letter is not available.
    • It might be possible that the setting would not be mapped after restarting the computer then you might need to manual remapping batch by using the DISKPART.