Thread: Auto detecting primary hard drive does not function in my system

Auto detecting primary hard drive does not function in my system

Hi friends I have not been started my computer from last few months, when I switched my computer last week after so many days I got a error message .and when I press f4 nothing seems to happen I do think it might be frozen none of the keys work I don’t know is it a windows 98 problem or some other problem with my computer so If anyone have any idea what is the problem I am facing can give some sort of solution.

Re: Auto detecting primary hard drive does not function in my system

One thing you can do is that you will have to first have to unplug all the power cords and then open the cabinet in that you will have to check that if the cables are gone loose or not because there might be a possibility that the cables of the hard drive or some other might have gone loose ,you will have to carefully check all the cables and do take care that you do not leave any cable kept unplugged because it might be one problem that your computer might not be turning on and also if possible change the ribbon cables to be on safe side

Hi, as you said that you have not used your computer from last few months there might be a possibility that your OS might have been corrupted. so in this case you can do is that you can get some one’s else hard disk in which OS is already installed and then check if it is working properly or not if it is working properly then there might be OS problem if it is not then there might be a possibility that there might be some other problem.

This is a similar problem which I have faced earlier I thought that it might be the problem with the hard disk or the mother board but it wasn’t the case with any of those. Then I changed the CMOS battery, the problem with the CMOS battery and not anything else so for that try to change the CMOS battery because changing the CMOS battery It's just one more preventive step you can take to prevent troubles The most ordinary sort of batteries use in present PCs is coin-shaped lithium/manganese-dioxide battery that looks like a large watch battery. Replace it with a new battery.

If you are having this kind of problem then there might be a possibility that you are having a bad cable on your hard drive .so you will have to check for the cable is working properly or not for that you will have to move the hard disk from primary to secondary controller and then check if you are having the same error message or not. If you are still having the same error after changing it to secondary then there is a problem with the cable if not then there is a problem with the motherboard any not any thing else.