Thread: CPU fan failure message in Dell Dimension 5150

CPU fan failure message in Dell Dimension 5150

I am using Dell Dimension 5150 desktop in which i am using windows 7. My computer was running perfectly and I was not having any issues with my computer. Some days before I get some problems with my CPU fan and that is why I replaced with some other fan. After replacing the fan my computer is running perfectly only one problem is there. Whenever I start the computer at that time it is giving me message that CPU fan failure and strike F1 key to continue. I just want to remove that message please tell me what should I do?

Re: CPU fan failure message in Dell Dimension 5150

I have gone through your issue and I think you can remove this message by doing this following steps. First open your CPU and then remove the fan. After that attach the fan again in your CPU and make sure that you connect it properly with your CPU. Now after doing that start your computer again and check whether that message is coming or not? If you are not getting that message then I think problem is solved but if you still getting that message then I think there is something wrong with your FAN.

I have read your post and if you are not using the DELL original fan then you must be connecting the fan with help of any adapter, uf you are using any adepter then I will suggest you to check the adapter is properly connected or if possible try to use different adapter. Because sometimes due to adapter issues our system cannot recognize it properly, So first check this and then let me know. I think this trick will fix your problem and remove that message from start up.

As far as I know you are getting this message because you are not using original DELL cooling fan and that is why system BIOS is notifying you again and again. According to me you should remove that fan which you are using right now and attach Dell CPU cooling fan because it has some additional components on the fan which interfaces with the BIOS. I think after attaching the Dell CPU cooling fan your BIOS will recognize it properly. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

As you have said in your above post that try to remove the fan insert it again but after doing the same also I am facing this issue and after that I also checked my adapter but there is no issue with my adapter. I also tried to solve this problem by attaching some other fan with my system but that also not making any difference with it. I don’t want to buy new because only that FAN failure message is issue otherwise FAN is working properly then why should I need to buy new FAN. Is there any other solution to solve this issue then please let me know?

As you have said in your post that you are using a fan and its working perfectly and does not give any error except that fan failure message then I think you should try to solve the problem by updating the BIOS. If you are facing the same issue after updating the VIOS also then I think you should go to the DELL service center and there you will get the perfect solution for this problem. I think after that your fan problem will get solved. I hope this information will be helpful to you.