Thread: Building up new Gaminc Pc Rig

Building up new Gaminc Pc Rig

I am building up new system for gaming pc. I had my self decided to go with some hardware setup. I just want to confirm that the below configuration is better or I can go with much better for the same. I will need some recommendation for the same. I had preferred to go with intel based system. So for that right now Intel Core i5 is much recommended. And if there is an alternative on AMD based system then that is also much better. Please go through my below recommendations and provide suggestion for the same.

My Rig :-
    • Intel i5-2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz CPU
    • Asus P8P67 Motherboard
    • G.Skill 8GB Ram
    • Radeon HD 6950 2GB GPU
    • WD Caviar Black 1TB Hard Drive/OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Hard Drive
    • SeaSonic 750W PSU
    • Cooler Master CM 690 II ATX Cabinet
    • ASUS VW246H 24 inch Monitor
    • Windows 7 Operating system.

I am plan to spend a quiet a log amount on this. Also provide the best configuration that I can get for an gaming computer.

Re: Building up new Gaminc Pc Rig

It depends on your budget how end your system might be. It can be beginner, or high end graphic support system. I have a config which is normally based on entry level configuration. This is much more recommended if you do not want to spend much but what an system which can give you performance of an gaming computer. This system meets almost all kind of requirements.

Recommended Gaming Rig : -
    • AMD Athlon X3 450 CPU
    • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Motherboard / ASRock 870 Extreme3 Motherboard
    • Mushkin 4GB 1333MHz CL9 / Kingston 4GB
    • Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 / Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770
    • Pure Power 430W ATX 2.3 / Cougar A400 400W
    • Cooler Master Elite 330 Cabinet

I had not included any hard drive or dvd player for this. For that anything will work. All you need is to get a system near to this.

I have some recommendations for the same. I have a configuration of an mid end system which comes in between of a high end and an entry level PC. The gaming config is best as per my choice. You might need to play a little higher for some hardware that you need to upgrade. There are mostly things similar by this system is also based on AMD. I choose AMD because of it better graphic support and for gaming you need a processor that can deal more with graphic memory.

Mid-End Gaming Rig :-
    • Phenom X4 955 / Intel Core i3-550
    • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 / ASRock 870 Extreme3 Motherboard
    • 4GB RAM of 1333 Mhz.
    • Samsung SpinPoint HD502HJ 500GB
    • Cooler Master CM 690 Cabinet
    • Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP / Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
    • Antec Gamer HCG-520 520W PSU

Other additions on this is your choice. For my side I will recommend you to go for an LED type monitor which can give you better resolution.

If you want a High-end gaming rig then here is some solution I have. There is an rare chance to get the exact matching computer of your taste. The core features of gaming PCs are a Core 2 Duo E8200-Intel processor with two cores and six megabytes" cache "(cache), a graphics card with DirectX 10 support and 512 megabytes of memory, two gigabytes of main memory and a hard disk with 500 gigabytes of capacity which you can count as an causal pc.

High End Gaming PC :-
    • AMD Phenom II X6 1100T / Intel Core i5-2500
    • Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    • Around 8GB of Ram
    • More than 650w PSU
    • GTX 580 / Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 GPU

The Intel Core i5 has an integrated graphics unit, this is the Gigabyte GA-H67A-B3-UD3 support. There you can monitor directly to the motherboard to connect the if the graphics card. There are better alternatives with an Intel Core i5 based system for high processing support.

There are some points which is rather more considered than just going for an regular configuration. It is important to choose cpu, ram and motherboard. Because this are will affect your decision in future. It is quite simple to have an 4GB of RAM for a gaming PC. This is right now absolutely sufficient, since some supports has no support for a8GB of RAM. This is also applicable to operating system and some games. So it really not worth to spend 8GB of ram.

CPU and graphics card are two hardware which is most important for a gaming PC. Clearly, the graphics card, it represents the main computational component that provides CPU ready only only the raw data. However, it there should be an proper balance between the CPU and graphics card. For this you can go for GTX and HD 5970 type graphic cars. They are but expensive. You can in future use them on SLi also if your motherboard supports.