Thread: Need to buy Cooler and Heatsink for gigabyte G34

Need to buy Cooler and Heatsink for gigabyte G34

Hi, I have a gigabytes motherboard called G34, and since the cooler and heat sink started causing problem, I have decided to buy a new one, but I am not sure about to pick which one, as I am not from very familiar with the one, but still what can I do? I have visited many of the forums and the websites for getting details on the coolers but get so many solution, and because of that only, I get confused. Need recommendation.thanks.

Re: Need to buy Cooler and Heatsink for gigabyte G34

I think, according to me You should buy a heatsink mounting bracket actually because as it is specifically designed for mounting heatsinks on a G34 motherboard, and along with that this would be better because as far as I know All connection G34 motherboards have is of size 4.1". I also have heard that some of the people modify a 3.5" bracket to fit on a 4.1" board and use AM3 heatsink, and that is what you want to use, thus I would like to recommend you that you should consult any technician, to do this.

See, according to me you should use the heatsink specifically designed for a G34 socket. And as I know The G34 CPU is actually a lot bigger than any of AMD's CPUs because, it has two silicon CPU dies surrounded by, and they also don’t fit in the middle of the CPU like AMD's other CPUs. Thus you need to have the heatsink that absolutely covers the cooler. And if you are planning to have AM3 heatsinks than I would say it doesn’t covers wholly.

I would suggest you to have a desktop desktop heatsink for a G34 CPU, see the best one that I have ever seen is namely Dynatron A6 and the Thermaltake CLS0017. They are exclusively intended to work with the G34 motherboards and wrap the entire CPU. I have the same motherboard and Thermaltake CLS0017 heat sink, and because of that only I am sure about its performance.

I would like to recommend you to use the water cooling loop and use Koolance's CPU-360 water blocks if you have a desire of having a quiet cooling setup for a G34 machine. And yeah I have heard that they completely compatible with Socket G34's 4.1. And by the way you haven’t mentioned the budget actually, because there are too many CPu cooler available in the market that you can have, and they ranges between 20 US dollars to 75 US dollars.

The mother board that you are using is a Socket F motherboard with a desktop-style, here you can use the NH-U12DO A3 and NH-U9DO A3 coolers in order to achieve further improved quiet cooling performance, and yeah the most importantly, it is best compatible your motherboard. See you can have the further details on this cooler from the internet also, there you can have the compatibility test and the whole specification about the hardware.