Thread: Inspiron 530 desktop CD Drive not working

Inspiron 530 desktop CD Drive not working

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Elements from a CD and do not respond when trying to open the setup.exe file and start the process. I recently installed a replacement CD and I think that is the problem, but works fine otherwise. I twisted the support capabilities of Adobe dry. The kicker is that I was capable to install the program and the desktop to an additional without difficulty. In the computer I have problems with it loaded with the Adobe Reader with no problem, but not part of the elements. What's happening?

Re: Inspiron 530 desktop CD Drive not working

Is your antivirus software suite blocking attempts to install the APE? You may need to temporarily disable it to run the installation. However beware of going on line at the same time as disabled and re-enable it earlier than APE is installed. If this does not work, you possibly will have a difficulty through XP, yes, it cannot update the registry, instead of APE. Consequently you possibly will try doing a system restore to the most up-to-date information available earlier than the first attempt on the way to install APE and Reader. Reader is not necessary to install or run APE, with the possible exception of reading some help files or manual so I ignored for now readers.

Reboot and press F8 earlier than Windows starts to load. Choose most recent recognized Good Configuration from the menu. If this works, usually shut down and restart generally. And after that BACKUP YOUR FILES external media. If that fails, you possibly will necessitate running a repair / reinstalling XP. Personal files are supposed to be superior; however you'll need to install XP Service Pack, and all other Windows updates and patches. You will require your Dell Reinstallation CD Windows XP on the way to run the repair; however it must be the similar version as on the hard disk.

Backup is a disk image or just copy the files? If it's an image (e.g. Ghost, Acronis, etc) would probably be better imaging in the hard disk. If it's just backing up your files, you possibly will desire to utilize PC Restore to restore your hard drive precisely the technique it shipped from Dell. That will take about 10 minutes, but you will need to install the Service Pack and updates for all Microsoft for everything. To run PC Restore, reboot and press Ctrl-F11 at what time you observe the constricted strip of blue at the top of the screen. Go after the instructions and ensure the upgrade later.

Do you actually change the internal hard drive? If so, the PC Restore is not a selection for you. Dell PC Restore is the technique to install an image of factory-fresh (there's that word for another time!) On the hard disk so that it looks exactly like it did the day they are sent to PC where appropriate. They hide software on the hard drive along with the factory image so you can destroy the unity and create a clean factory image in about 10 min. All personal files will be lost, and which were not included in the Dell factory image.