Thread: Is it possible to connect subwoofer to 2 channel bridgeable amplifier

Is it possible to connect subwoofer to 2 channel bridgeable amplifier

I have a car Addzest Bridgeable 2 channel amplifier model A-160. It is said that is bridgeable. It says it gives 80 watts * 2. That is normal 2 speaker connections are able to connect to it through 80 watts each. I know that if I also would like to attach a pioneer sub 600watts a bridge and took me through positive example from the end of the channel amplifier and the negative of the other channel amplifier and connect the subwoofer under work? In addition there will be no sound better or not?

Re: Is it possible to connect subwoofer to 2 channel bridgeable amplifier

To perform bridged you make use of L+ and R- terminals on top of the amp. You essentially receive the full power of a single speaker amp if necessary, 160Watts Peak or 80Watts RMS (I think anyway, the amplifiers are typically rated within peak power) even though you may not use the speakers 2 to the left and right out of the amplifier while the amplifier is in bridge mode. Must be able to smooth the sub just does not expect it to be super strong. It added depth to sound nice though. Mine is a 250watt (175RMS) pushing a 500W (250RMS) Sub, gets very high for a single 10 ".

You can use both at once, I do, and this will work if the amplifier is compatible with a function call in a triple mode, which is general on 2-channel bridgeable amplifier. It attach precisely simply the two end terminals have two wires within them. At present I contain a 12 "sub and two 6x9s running a two-channel amplifier. The submarine is a bridge and speakers are performing as usual. You'll need to create a passive filter (sounds complicated, but is not t); all you need is a low pass filter coil to make sure not to let the high frequencies get your sub.

Hi I am having the same difficulty. My question is, I can run 2 speakers off the stage action as they are now, and my sub MTX Jack Hammer, or I'll have to buy even a second of my hammer Jack 2 speakers, or return Jack Hammer 4 Channel version? Personally, I'm thinking to return the amplifier to a 4 channel version would be the cleanest way to go, get rid of the stage of action entirely, if I get an amp with a decent amount of power able to run both the 2 And the sub speakers from 1 amp.

Stock amplifier I am supercilious you signify your pioneer deck that would be superior to leave your 2 door speakers running out of the deck and nosh the sub toward your amp, however be careful that the speaker comes 2ohm and 4ohm models to avoid damaging the amplifier you need the 4ohm model. If you have the 2ohm model and attach to your amp will draw too much power on the stage and end up fried. It should say if it is 2 or 4 ohm cable and connectors at the base of the magnet.

You may also would like to obtain a pair of capacitors to block low frequencies from reaching the speakers and the sub will handle (not necessary, however this way is safer not to propel too much power speakers) you are able to find sold describe Bass Blockers. Without perceptive more regarding RMS power amplifier and sub-I cannot actually articulate if it will sound superior or not, however chances are that if the maximum power is 80*2, the amplifier cannot really put the juice necessary for low quality.