Thread: Unable to use headphone jack when using hdmi in sony vaio

Unable to use headphone jack when using hdmi in sony vaio

I am using Sony vaio laptop in which I have installed windows vista and my laptop is working great. Before some days I have purchased LG LCD TV. Now whenever I connect my Sony vaio laptop with my LCD TV through HDMI cable at that time I am not getting any problem and I am able to watch movie and do other things properly but at same time when I try to use the headphone jack at that time I am not getting any sound. Please tell me what will be solution for that.

Re: Unable to use headphone jack when using hdmi in sony vaio

After reading your problem I can suggest you one thing which you can try to solve this issue. first of all you have to check your headphone jack by removing the HDMI cable. First remove the HDMI cable from your laptop and after that check your headphone jack by inserting any headphone. If your headphone jack is working properly after removing the HDMI cable then I think there is some wrong audio setting in your system. I hope you will be able detect the exact problem after trying this

If you are not able solve the problem then I think you have to try to check about sound by connecting different headphones or speaker with your laptop headphone jack. If other speaker or headphone is working fine then I think there is something wrong with your headphone or speaker only. According to me you have to replace your headphone or speaker. I hope this trick will help you to solve your issue and you will be able to get sound.

I have gone through your issue and as far as I know you are facing this problem because of you have not set you audio setting properly. First go to your sound setting and after that you will see that sound settings are set as audio to HDMI. Now change that setting to HDMI to audio. Now after doing that you will not get any issue with your laptop and your headphone sound. I hope this trick will enable you to use your headphones while using your laptop with TV.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem with my laptop and after that I have tried to solve that problem by changing the HDMI cable but that idea didn’t worked for me. After that I also tried to solve the problem by changing the sound setting then also I was facing the same problem. After that I reinstalled my audio drivers and after that my headphone jack start working again and now I am able to use my headphone when laptop is connected to TV.

I have checked all the audio setting and all the setting was perfect after that I also checked my headphone jack with other headphone and at that time also I was facing the same problem. After that I read your post and I uninstall the driver and installed it again in my system. Now after doing that I am not facing any issue with my system and all the things are working perfectly. Now I am able to use my headphone. Thank you for all your help and information.