Thread: Accidentally deleted the part of NTFS partition need some help

Accidentally deleted the part of NTFS partition need some help

Hello everyone I have a dell desktop that was running ubuntu 10.10, so I decided it needed a refurbishment and so what I did was tried to reload ubuntu 10.10. I first tried, stupidly, to wipe the hard drive so I could start fresh. Sadly It did not work for me at all and left one of the partitions heavily damaged but not deleted and a very small portion of the NTFS has gone missing here. I also happened to accidently delete around 5000 bytes and later I got to know what was happening and so I stopped. Now I have tried installing ubuntu again with the boot disk but it is not helping me out as it is giving me an unfixable error with the operating system, I tried it several times but still the same problem so what should I do in the mean process can you all please help me? I even tried installing windows xp in the system but that also did not help me at all, so what else should i try so that I can get the disk partition back. Please suggest me something over here.

Re: Accidentally deleted the part of NTFS partition need some help

The only solution for this problem is that recreate the partition table and you'll be able to generally correct any partition issues. Of course with that method it will result in a total data loss of your system so that’s one topic that you will have to be careful however in this stage you can certainly afford to do that because none of the solutions are working for you at any case so better try out with the above mentioned suggestions that I have given here hope it benefits you a lot in the process.

Ok thanks for the quick and the prompt reply that you have given here appreciate your efforts for the same. Well I need to know how to create the partition table again in my system are there any software that are available in the market that will help me perform the trick here? Please do give me a brief explanation on the process that you have suggested here so hope you are clear with my question here explain me the steps I will be happy to listen it to you.

Try using the gparted it is a recommended software if you want to create a new disk partition again in the system so that’s one tool however there is also another option in the ubuntu installer from where you can continue with the disk partition. So that’s what I am trying to say here hope you all have got the necessary solutions on the topic. So try with the gparted it will help you and also let me know if you have got the desired solutions.

Well the thing is that whenever I try and load the ubuntu boot-disk it gives me a fatal error every time I try to install I really don’t know why and I think I have said this in my above description, and when I run off of the disk it crashes so no use of it. Whenever I try anything more complex than looking through menus that also does not helps. I have no idea why the installer is running in to this trouble but I think it has something to do with when I had deleted the partitions. Anyways thanks for the quick advice that you have given here but still I will be expecting some solutions from you all.

Check out for the iso file that you had downloaded from the internet and also check whether your computer is running properly. Check whether the iso file that you had downloaded were correctly burnt in the CD or not? If it is so then it must run well in your system, so check out for all the necessary recommendations that I have given here hope it helps you to some extent, so do try that and get back to me if that helps or not.

No, sorry that also did not help me much well I have literally checked everything but still none of the solutions have helped me here, thanks for all the efforts that you have given here. Still if you have any other solutions on your book then do let me know about it I am waiting for your response. If you have any other solutions in your book then please do address me about it as well i am quite sure that it will be of good help for me so that's what i want to say here.