Thread: How to convert Hdmi cable to avi?

How to convert Hdmi cable to avi?

I am thinking of connecting my hdmi lead to the pc so how should I go ahead with that can you all tell me please as I have tried and searched for the solutions in the internet but still I was not able to get anything here. Well my pc output is avi so is there any method by which I would eb able to convert the hdmi cable to avi male? Seriously I went through a lot of suggestions from my friends and none of them have helped me here so that’s why you all are my last option here so please help me guys. I am waiting for your solutions.

Re: How to convert Hdmi cable to avi?

With the procedure that you have described here it seems to be not possible at all here because you cannot directly connect a hdmi cable to the system your system will not provide digital signal to a HDMI connection well for the hdmi connection you might require a discrete graphics card with HDMI connection, so with that you will be able to do that so that’s my necessary solution for you, first try that and then you will end up getting the results I hope all the suggestion were clear for you.

Yes I completely agree with you even the new systems these days do not have the hdmi output for the hdmi cables well for that you must require a connector or the adapter that has the hdmi port. So that’s what you need to have so hope you all have understood what I am trying to say here, first get the hdmi port then think of converting it well the converts you can easily get it from any of the amazon websites so do get it from there, so I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

You have to look out for hdmi to analog converter and the cheapest that I have come across is anywhere around $150, I know it is pretty expensive but that’s what the conversion is it is like you are converting any old device to a new one so that’s what I want to say here and I also completely agree with the above users present here and what I think is that hdmi ports are not yet present in the system these days and hence I think the need for implementing it does arises here, so that’s what I wanted to say here I hope you all do agree with me here.

Hey guys I just wanted to share some of my personal experiences here and the thing is that I had got a device from the website named maplin it is basically a converter which I got it in around $145. Yes I agree that’s a pretty expensive thing to shower out money on but what to do for something we have to do that. Anyways what I am saying here is that when we are thinking of converting the hdmi to avi we must have a hdmi supported graphic card in the system and sad to hear that majority of the systems do not have it, so if you also are wanting to buy the converter then check it out in the maplin you will find it there itself.

Thanks for the suggestions that you all have given here and I am happy with the kind of response that has been generated by you all so thanks everyone for that. I am very amazed that it is priced so high and hence I will have to rethink over my decision and it is sounding too pricey for me. so lets see I am waiting as of now I am not making any changes to the present system of mine as of now so thats what i wanted to say here.