Thread: Computer won't post after trying to fix bent LGA1156 Pin

Computer won't post after trying to fix bent LGA1156 Pin

My system was giving some issue regarding the performance. I checked everything and finds whole thing fine regarding the OS. Then I open the CPU case and take out the CPU. There I found a few bent socket pins on the motherboard. I try to fix it cautiously by the use of small needle. Then placed the CPU and turned on the system. I got 1 long beep and 2 short. I resolved this issue by resetting the BIOS. After the system boots up without any beep but after some seconds it shuts off and reboots and it is happening repeatedly. What can I do now? I am using Gigabyte motherboard.

Re: Computer won't post after trying to fix bent LGA1156 Pin

I believe there might be a session there anywhere regarding messing by means of those stuff and being cautious while installing the CPU. I don't make out what they will carry out concerning it; apart from perhaps put back the motherboard. I doubt it was a graphics card or GPU related issue. From the time when you stated that the bent pins were lying on the microprocessor. More than expected, it was a microprocessor trouble, and the beeps you perceived sound from the motherboard were wrong indicators.

You did not stroke the GPU in any way. Every part of you touched was the memory, motherboard and processor. That indicates it might be one of those 3 that are not working. If it's the motherboard otherwise the processor, there's no simple fix...except if simply examine the memory, putting single stick at a moment, and perceive if there is one "terrible stick" of memory, since that does come about. If not, like you mentioned, it may be an awful slot on the motherboard. However if it is the pins within the processor socket, in that case there is pretty much not anything you can make sideways from receiving a substitution.

An expert technician would catch this made within an hour. Actually not simply the bent pins except the processor socket itself and perhaps a suspect plate-through gap. Simply unbending the bent pins wasn't the treatment except an indicator of somewhat further alternating. While a PSU begins, stops, resets as well as maintains trying, somewhat is shorted. I do expect that it mirrors a construct component that the customer tried to install the microprocessor backwards, ensuing into bent pins. Unbending it might turn to normal but not all the time.

Just utilize the knife to gradually and quietly situate the bent pins back. Afterward make use of the plastic card to ensure the bent pins clown completely by all of the others in the region of it. Utilize the card from numerous angles to check it's rightly aligned. Lastly, relieve the CPU back in position, ensuring every pin slides into its gap. If it doesn't sit, you must be capable to sense the region that's not corresponding up and do again the procedure. It's significant to be calm, since you don't wish for to harm the pins via trying to curve them back and out.

The concern is that it's harder to recognize if a sphere has been negotiated rather than a pin. It's pretty uncomplicated to mark a bent pin (otherwise a sequence of bent pins). The solder balls can really approach off, be compressed, and be partly flattened, still melted and so on. It's stiff to notice thus you want to gaze plenty nearer and you generally require doubling otherwise tripling test. It's simply a much longer examination procedure than with PGA CPUs.

Test out with the maker, numerous moments there is a fixed charge intended for "out of guarantee" repairs. The information is tough to locate occasionally. Inquire the manufacturer. it is not that large of a agreement for a fix storehouse that particular inside motherboards to de-solder and put back the new socket. Essentially knowing precisely what is mistaken and what wants to be set makes it bar evaluated to a number of the things they have to pact through. If they will repair it for a polite charge, place stickers all above the motherboard telling, "just put back damaged socket" and so on.