Thread: SSD is running slow

SSD is running slow

Recently I have purchased OCZ agility 3 120 GB SSD. I have benchmarked the same and I have found that it was having really low speed to 200MB/S. I am having AHCI SATA II and I have installed for all th drivers. I am having ASUS p8p67 motherboard. Let me know why I am getting so low speed? Let me know if you are having any specific solution to solve the matter of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: SSD is running slow

Looking at the thing which you have mentioned over here I think I have concluded why this particular matter is happening on the computer of yours. according to me you will have really low disk rate if you are dealing with the uncompressed data. So you should try with read and write option with using the compressed data and see whether you are having any difference in the situation. So let me know whether you are using the compressed data or something else.

Let me know whether you are using the SATA III cord? If you are using less than of the 6GB cord then you will not be able to transfer the data at the maximum rate. Personally I have found the raptor drive month within a month and I was not happy because it was working really slow. However I have managed to get the maximum output by changing the cord. So you see that what kind of the cord which you are using currently.

Well I am using SATA III, Vertex 3 and Agality 3 and all the three are using nand so the performance would be quite different in the game. ATTO is using the compressed data so the sandforce would score quite higher just because of the kind of the controller which is used. Crystal disk and SSD is using the incompressible data so the sandforce controller would not be able to achieve the maximum speed. However you will be able to get closer to the speed if the most of the data is compressed by the sandforce controller.

I am agreed with the thing which you have mentioned over here. however I am not agreed with getting speed of 500 on the ATTO and 200 on the AS SSD Benchmark or the CrystalDiskMark. I am expecting more speed while utilizing such devices. Well I have found number of people who are stating that the real world data is compressible and so it should be more closer to the ATTO bench.

The Agility 3 is seems to be same as Vertex 3 in sequential technique. I am posting ideal speed of the OCZ which should be quote into the AS-SSD sequential speeds into their PDF.
    ATTO (completely compressible): 525 MB/s read, 500 MB/s write

AS-SSD (incompressible): 195 MB/s read, 130 MB/s write
    So I am hoping that the data which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

Well I think there is something wrong with the device itself. I am suggesting that you should contact the official service center and claim for the replacement warranty. Make sure that the Drive of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the warranty and you will void the warranty. You should backup the data before you visit the service center and also carry the invoice of yours while visiting the service center.