Thread: Recommendation for AutoCAD 2012 workstation

Recommendation for AutoCAD 2012 workstation

Hi, I am a construction engineer, because of that I am planning to have AutoCAD 2012 but I have heard that it requires, too much amount of system requirement, and I don’t have that good, thus need recommendation for a terminal that would handle the best construction design software, that’s the above mentioned, with 3D rendering. So that my customer would be confident that I am best at my field in terms of product quality and presentation.

Re: Recommendation for AutoCAD 2012 workstation

See, first of all I would like to tell you that the truth that no one just impressed to your design and your presentation until you make it superb, and that doesn’t really depend on the system, rather only you have to perform well. And this is different thing that you’re planning to buy a new workstation. I would like to recommend you that you should have a workstation under 30k, it would be better at its performance, and you’d be able to install the AutoCAD 2012.

MaqboolAandaleeb Guest

I would like to suggest you the processor which is Certified for AutoCAD 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012, thus you should get Intel i5 quad or you can also have Civil 3D / Revit Workstation specially Certified for AutoCAD 2012, as you’re looking for, and best thing about this is, you’ll get it this workstation under 25k, and no doubt the performance would be also good, as what you are expecting, and to make an impact, you need to give proper commitment.

Yeah it’s a good program to work on for the presenting the concepts to your client, but if you have planned to buy a new workstation then it good, but my recommendation is to have a older versions AutoCAD in your own workstation, so that you won’t to spent money for the new one. Otherwise if you search on internet you’ll get some of the name of the workstations, specially certified for the program you have mentioned, and off course as they have certified it, you won’t have to worry about its performance.

See, I would like to suggest you the model which is known to me, but it is too costliest, but I am sure about its performance, and after purchase that on, you would not have inconvenience till at least one year. The name of that machine is, MEP / BIM / 3D / Navis Workstation, and I am mentioning the specification of some of its peripheral. In this you’ll get 2 x Intel Xeon Quad-Core E5520 2.26GHz CPU, 12GB DDR3-1333 ECC/REG Memory which you can expand up to 48GB. 1TB 7200RPM Raid Ed. Hard Drive for Storage.

I would like to suggest you that don’t buy such a highly configured PC, as you can have the minimum specification for installation of AUTO CAD, and accordingly you can buy the normal PC, see first of all you have to have 2 GB RAM, because as this is a big program you need to have good memory, and after that 2 GB free space for installation and if you get the LCD from the DELL you’ll get the resolution up to1,024 x 768 pixels, which will provide you the true color.

I would like to suggest you that if you’re not sure that which machine to buy, you should consult any computer engineer before buying, because only they would give you the better specifications, according to your needs. Otherwise if you’re willing to buy it on your own, you can simply visit the websites of the reputed companies like DELL, LENOVO, IBM etc. from there you’ll get the better idea rather than here.