Thread: What is X.H.D. and what it does ?

What is X.H.D. and what it does ?

Hi, I have a P55a gigabyte motherboard, and I am the loyal customer to the gigabyte since last two years, but right now I am having some doubt regarding the XHD, what is it, what it does? Can anyone know that, in fact I search it on internet and many other forums too, but didn’t found the actual solution to this, is it something regarding the BIOS setting and all that, please let me know that what is It ?

Re: What is X.H.D. and what it does ?

Hello, welcome I’d say to the forum, and my friend the XHD stands for eXtreme Hard Drive and it is used for Accelerating hard drive performance with very ease, the performance would made easy with the user friendly GIGABYTE eXtreme Hard Drive. This is simply a new hard drive which if you connect it to your computer with the local drive you have, it will boost your hard drive performance.

No, it is nothing regarding the BIOS, it is totally different concept to the computer assembly, this is mainly used for boosting up the local drive which presented in the machine, and in other words it is the hard drive that if you connect with the local drive, it will accelerate the performance of the loca drive. This a product from the Gigabyte only. You can buy it if you want, as it is available in the market also.

Hey thanks for your immediate reply, I am very thankful to you, but I some doubt remain, as I have bought a new PC with two HDD so that, I would make one of them as a raid, but one of them just broke up next day, and then only my friend told me about the XHD, but as I mentioned earlier, I was not aware about what is it actually, thus my question is like can we use it as a raid for my PC? Thanks in advanced.

Well, yes XHD can set up a RAID 0 when you add a new sata drive to your machine, in fact not only the sata drive but it would does its same function for pata drive also. It works same as a local hard drive, and other functions are the features you can say along with the normal usage. like first of all accelerating the local hard drive speed, and most often it is used to enhance the capability of the local drive.