Thread: Add HDMI Port To Desktop PC

Add HDMI Port To Desktop PC

I have been using the HP Pavilion a6130n desktop computer for my personal and some home use. I really love this computer and I have been upgrading it from time to time. Recently we have bought a HDTV. Now we are watching most of the films and videos in HDTV other than my computer. However there are several good movies and videos lies in my computer and I would like to play it in HDTV by connecting them together. But the problem is my system is lacking in HDMI port. So does anybody know how to add a HDMI port to a desktop computer? If it is possible then it would be really helpful to stream videos from internet to HDTV.

Re: Add HDMI Port To Desktop PC

Fundamentally, you would require buying and installing a latest graphics card if you would like a definite HDMI port. If you would like public to assist you locate one, at that moment you will necessitate to offer some information regarding the inner specifications as well as the available ports on your computer. Your additional alternative is if you present graphics card/system has a DVI output, in that case you can make use of a DVI to HDMI cable. Furthermore depending on top of your HDTV, you may have additional options.

First know about the specifications of you motherboard thus you will recognize what can of put in on your computer or the CPU. Otherwise Know about the possibility of future upgrade or number of PCI slots freely available and their types. In order to make a bridge or connection between the HDTV and your desktop computer you might need several things.
    • A good graphics card with HDMI port
    • Compatible drivers for that card because windows drivers will not work.
    • A TV tuner card will be also helpful.
    • Some converter if necessary.

As far as I know that there are nearly 152 cards on Newegg that trait 1 HDMI output. From the time while you can put in a card to your obtainable system choose one that fits the boundary types you do contain unwrap similar to PCIe X1 AGP otherwise simply PCI (Newegg doesn't encompass one except they survive). Furthermore think receiving a card that does not mark an HDMI output, except which has the interface kind you are able to support and obtain an output converter toward HDMI,

With the intention of put in HDMI port to your PC, you will necessitate to upgrade the graphics card. Put your latest HDMI-integrated video card into one of the release PCI card slots. Radeon, Diamond as well as NVIDIA build reasonably priced video cards that can assist you upgrade toward HDMI on your desktop computer. These kinds of cards will permit you to observe right high-definition video within digital format on top of your PC otherwise HD TV. Buy an exterior VGA converter. This portion of hardware will obtain the VGA signal and translate it toward digital format.

Depends on your HD TV, you might not require to put in an HDMI port to the PC with the purpose of connect it on the way to HDTV. From the HP official website, it seems that your PC has included graphics through a VGA port. Several HDTVs encompass VGA ports on them that permit a PC to be linked to the HDTV. If your television had this selection, in that case you must be capable to clip your PC to the HDTV without extra hardware components. If your HDTV does not encompass VGA port, at that moment as formerly noted it would as easy as buying and installing a devoted graphics card through a HDMI otherwise DVI (you can make use of a DVI to HDMI cable to bond a DVI port on your PC to an HDMI port on top of your television) port.

Adding up a PCI-E card is an alternative, except an additional is merely purchasing a DVI>HDMI adapter (note: DVI doesn't encompass audio, therefore you'll necessitate a detach cable intended for audio, although HDMI fetches audio). Majority of HDTVs do not encompass DVI ports. An extremely possible preference (though I'm not certain if it can accomplish 1080p resolution) is to make use of a VGA cable - I can't let know the dissimilarity among a digital DVI connection as well as a high-quality analog VGA connection.