Thread: Unable to install HP Officejet 5510

Unable to install HP Officejet 5510

Currently I have purchased an officejet 5510. My friend suggests me for purchasing this printer. This printer is really good. When I purchased this printer then I forget the to take CD. I had installed the printer in last month. Applied from the resolution KB298370 and uninstall the printer. When I tried to reinstall, get the error "Can not install this hardware. There was an error during installation of this device. The printer driver is unknown." I am using the HP included, which is a signed driver.

re: Unable to install HP Officejet 5510

According your problem this is not big problem don’t worry I am telling you some easiest steps. First thing you will remember when you will install the printer always turn off virus scanning at the time of installation. You know this very for all devices. First you will install the printer driver. And then after you will turn off virus scanner software. Then after you will re-install the printer driver. And finally you will restart the system. Then I am sure you printer will be solved.

It is possible you want to know what type of installer required of your system etc. it depends on your system what features you need my preference would be to find your printer drivers usually an .inf file and install the drivers at installation time. But before this process at least one time you will reinstall the driver in your system. And you will update your antivirus. Because some time due to virus it doesn’t install. So you can do all the steps which are mentioned in above post.

I had also same problem. But I am using the printer very well. Now I have no problem. But I was using the windows xp2. Nice I have WXP SP2 installed; I cannot install a HP PSC 2410. Seeking advice to help me, so I'm following the instructions in the article KB298370. You can take the help from the given site this following error message while I am the removal of the key (on behalf of the device is the device name I have not used since a few months and I have uninstalled). I hope you will get the some help.

Hello, I would like to suggest you regarding this problem. First of all you will do some steps. These steps are not very critical. You can do very easy well. Click on start and then you will type regedit into the run. Then after you will right click on the key which will show in left pane of registry editor. Then after you will select the permission then you will mark every entry. Then after this you will click on the combo box and allow the column. Then you will see the key. Then you should be able to delete that key.

Re: Unable to install HP Officejet 5510

A little hard to determine this without knowing more information. What has happened since it was initially installed? Did you reformat or remove the printer. Did you add a different printer driver? I am also guessing you have administrator rights. You may also need to verify out the services part of Administrative Tools control panel and confirm that the print spooler service is running.
    It may also be possible that Windows XP has become damage or segments of the Windows registry (machine Hkey_local / Enum) are write-protected. You may need to ensure out the device manager to verify that no errors in USB UHC.