Thread: Couldn't scan documents in OfficeJet J4680

Couldn't scan documents in OfficeJet J4680

Hi, I have a HP Mini 311, and I am running UBUNTU on that, and OfficeJet J4680 scanner. I have a problem scanning the documents, but the printer works fine, when I initiate the scanning job, it shows the message “scanning” and after that “scanning complete”, but a moment later, I found nothing on my screen, but while I scan a single documents, it works perfectly, but it seems too painful. What would be the problem, as I searched on internet but found nothing. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Couldn't scan documents in OfficeJet J4680

As you have mentioned that you are using the ubuntu, I will say, you can check their website for troubleshooting. As they have too many sections under this, so I am sure you’ll surely get some solution to this problem also, I am suggesting this because I am not very much aware about the ubuntu, as I and expert in other windows, in fact I am wondering that why you are using it, when we have pretty good windows than that.

I think you might have infected system because, it also happens that some time viruses don’t let perform such operation including the scanner. In fact I’d say you can simply minimize the number of open application and other un used network connection while performing the scanning will really going to minimize the number of skipped files, as you have mentioned that you are unable to perform the scanning on multiple documents. So this will surely help you.

You might have problem in your device, yeah I am talking about your scanner only, you should test it before scanning, it might be possible that the problem would be in the drivers, thus I recommend you to install the drivers for your scanning device, or you simply repair it also. Or still the problem persist then I think you need to update your drivers, and you’ll get the latest update from the official site of HP.

I think the scanner you are using is not completely comestible with the operating system you are using, or maybe you need to install the appropriate drivers for your laptop and then try to scan some documents, Or if you didn’t get any such solution then, I recommend you than scan it from other scanner as if it that documents are too important to you, or else you can simply give it to the service center also for checking the actual problem in you OfficeJet J4680.