Thread: HP Photosmart C6180 displays Improper Shutdown error

HP Photosmart C6180 displays Improper Shutdown error

I am using HP Photosmart C6180 printer at my home and I have attached this printer to my home computer which is having windows 7 in it. Recently I got a problem with this printer which is that it shows me a improper shutdown message. I don’t know why it is happening with the printer and even I observed that the printer goes restarting and continuously displays the improper shutdown message. I need help regarding this so that I could solve this problem.

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 displays Improper Shutdown error

This might be happening because of the printer drivers. I guess you will have to install a latest driver for the printer. Just download the new drivers for your printer model number from the HP website and you will have to install the drivers. But before this you have to uninstall the current drivers from your computer so do this by removing it from add/remove programs and also ensure that your printer is disconnected from your computer while uninstalling the current drivers.

Your printer is restarting continuously and showing an improper shutdown message, I guess your problem would be solved if you perform a hard reset of your printer. For doing this you will need to follow the instructions as I say. First of all disconnect all cables along with the power cable of your printer. Then press the pound (#) key along with numeric (6) key and plug the power cord into AC and turn on your printer. This would reset your printer and hopefully solve your problem.

I have gone through the problem and then I got that I have gone through this kind of problem. It is a common problem found in HP Photosmart C6180. This problem is occurring because of hardware problem inside the printer. I mean it involves replacing some capacitors from the circuit board of the printer. If you think you won’t be able to do such things then better you contact an expert who knows how to fix this kind of things.

Your printer is in critical stage as it is continuously restarting. There would be some kind of hardware problem in your printer and due to this it is not able to start properly. You would not be able to figure out the exact hardware problem from your computer because there are lot many things inside the printer and if you try to do something on them then it may turn the current problem more serious. So I would recommend you to show this to HP support center.

I would say that fixing the hardware is difficult task and it needs the tools like soldering iron as well as new capacitors for replacing the faulty ones. I would only mention the steps which are necessary in solving this kind of problem. First you will have to unscrew your printer, and then remove the circuit board of it, then you have to recognize the faulty capacitors, then you will have to remove those capacitors, then soldering the replacement capacitors for it and finally reassemble the unit again.

If you want the detailed replacing tutorial for this then you can get the same by querying your problem over Google. You would get the detailed tutorial. I would recommend you that if you try for this kind of things and you are not confident in doing such things or don’t have knowledge about such things then try to avoid the tutorial as it may lead to injury or permanent failure of your printer. So it’s better to have an expert’s advice for this problem.