Thread: How to Test USB Flash Memory

How to Test USB Flash Memory

Hello guys I want to know regarding to USB flash memory. Are there several tests out there to establish whether our Flash Voyager GTRs contain errors? Are standard Windows drive tests applicable, or I supposed to be running somewhat similar to memtest adjacent to it? Can someone tell me about different software for test of flash drive? I try to search about this and I found something like gizmo, HD tach RW, disgo etc. can someone tell me about this. I am waiting for your replies thank you.

Re: How to Test USB Flash Memory

For testing I utilize HD Tach version 3.0.1.0 RW. This gives a good indication of the reading speed users be able to expect access to the device. Every device was tested three times on the similar machine (through Windows XP Service Pack 2), with the similar USB 2.0 port. Every time the most excellent result was taken (even though the dissimilarity within results was negligible). To maintain these tests as close to actual world circumstances as possible with no special alterations were bring into the system.

Hello I would like to explain about Gizmo! It came within at just beneath twice as rapid as the Creative MuVo TX FM. The speed wasn't the entire that extraordinary however overall an extremely solid, consistent device. I actually approximating the miniature design of this device - it's not ostentatious and doesn't endeavor to make style the advertising point. It's diminutive yet well prepared and robust. And its average read speed was 6.5 Mb/s. I hope this will help you to understand about it. Thank you.

Disgo device had greater capacity to test. This is fast. Very fast! The fastest of the bunch, in fact (although the reading speed profile shows a strange drop in the speed of reading). This is a fast, reliable device that has the exceptional ability. Something very strange in the velocity profile for disgo is the huge drop in speed between the 600 Mb and 1 GB displayed. I ran this test several times and even repetitive it within a different system, however this fall was always present and as up till now unexplained. One possibility is that one of the memory chips used in the device is slower than the rest.

For strong construction, the SanDisk Cruzer Titanium is the comprehensible winner. The 4 Mb / s within the reduction of reading speed is additional than offset strength and this is designed for a hard life during a pocket in the company of items such as keys and a pocket knife. Nevertheless, I had troubles through the Cruzer connected to the systems that had not been appropriately detected through Windows XP. I have not been capable to acquire to the bottom of this problem.

Flash Memory Toolkit is a benchmarking tool designed particularly in support of testing of USB flash drives. Between the inconsequential read and write speed test application has a number of selections for backing up and re-establishes data; deleting data further than recovery, and recover accidentally deleted files. Additionally, error detection tool looked for the program will inform about bad present and can cause problems in reading and writing data.

Hello according to me the speed winner has to be present the disgo 1 Gb device through an average read speed of 20.4 Mb/s. Nevertheless, I am anxious through the drop during speed that the device understanding within the latter part of the test. This was consistently repeatable and as such has to be place down to the device somewhat than a testing problem. I'm also not confident regarding the build quality of the disgo - I've owned a small number of these and the end caps have a habit of falling off and exposing the circuitry.